*SPOILER THREAD* Star Wars Rogue One

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
They specifically said that was the flagship for the rebels. It's not crazy to think they would be sending straight to that one. Why would an X wing or small ship get the transmission?

With information that valuable, it IS crazy to think that they would only try and send that to one ship. Otherwise they're the stupidest rebellion I've ever heard of.

They also made it a point to say they were transferring a sizeable amount of data so likely few ships could do that with them. Something like that.

If that information can fit on something the size of a floppy disk, and with the technology they have in the Star Wars universe, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that only a few ships would be capable of receiving the information.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
They made it a point, of the final scene to say that its a ton of data to transport. Furthermore, why send it to multiple ships that are in combat and getting blown to shit. You send it to your command ship.

Why? Because it's such valuable information. If I had the secret of how to cure all disease of Earth, and I was dying, and there were 20 people gathered around me, and around all of us were people with guns shooting, trying to kill us (sorry, elaborate setup), would I risk that information dying with the biggest, strongest person of the 20 by only telling them, or would I tell as many people as I could?

But I agree. It needed to be done to set up for A New Hope. I wish they had just stopped all the other ships from leaving.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't think it's like "oh here ya go, everyone download while you can." it was transmitted to the flag ship because they responded to the dude at the shuttle who needed to flip that master switch. They were the only ones on the band. And as soon as they had it he gave the order for everyone to get the fuck out of of there.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
WELL, they changed the ending ;)

Felicity Jones has an option for a sequel, but that obviously cant happen now. In the trailers they show her running on the beach with the tape with other soldiers, which likely means she escapes on a ship.

The ending was what all the reshoots must have been about.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
WELL, they changed the ending ;)

Felicity Jones has an option for a sequel, but that obviously cant happen now. In the trailers they show her running on the beach with the tape with other soldiers, which likely means she escapes on a ship.

The ending was what all the reshoots must have been about.
The way it was shown is far better than having her live. That was my favorite part of the story.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
They absolutely nailed the nostalgia in it. It was all over it. And it wasn't done poorly. Even the CGI was top notch IMO.

Except for the Princess Leia CGI face. That was HORRIBLE.

With information that valuable, it IS crazy to think that they would only try and send that to one ship. Otherwise they're the stupidest rebellion I've ever heard of.

If that information can fit on something the size of a floppy disk, and with the technology they have in the Star Wars universe, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that only a few ships would be capable of receiving the information.

They made it a point, of the final scene to say that its a ton of data to transport. Furthermore, why send it to multiple ships that are in combat and getting blown to shit. You send it to your command ship.

Seagate has a 60TB 3.5" SSD on market today for enterprise level. Imagine having to transmit that data long-range. Would be nigh impossible. You would have to move it in a physical medium.

cobra_spence

Old Time User
Feb 23, 2005
Winfield
I thought Leia was a bad CGI as well - did not mind the Tarkin CGI, enjoyed the scene with Vadar. The fact that this entire story was based off one or two lines from IV means that we could see a lot more little stories pop out - like maybe seeing the Falcon make the Kessel run or something. Watching Vadar hunt down Jedis during the purge would be fantastic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info