Looking for used Tahoe or Yukon

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's so easy to fuck with odometers it's not even funny. With a CTS programmer I can "correct" my tire size so that it has 150" tires and at 60 it's reading 30... I don't trust anything worth a shit, I'd be bringing that tech 2 with me to look at any tahoe/yukon.

or in HPT also

or just unplug the dash altogether

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
i ran into an issue with a car a while back where a security code was set... turned out the cluster was swapped and not updated to the PCM to match and the assholes shaved off 120k and we couldnt find any documentation on it.... a GM tech II showed different miles stored in the pcm/bcm/whatever vs what the dash showed...

This was going to be another way I was going to say I could sort out in response to Das. Mileage is stored two places. One in the cluster, one in the BCM. Hook up my T2 (which I take with me to any place I plan on purchasing a GM vehicle), and I get the truth.

F-Bodies also had that. I forget the procedure, but it was the fuses needed to re-program key fobs. If you removed those, you could put 100k on it, and not register mileage. :D

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i basically took it for a test drive and flipped the switch befoer entering the vehicle.. i then looked at the guy at a stop sign and asked "why it didnt log the 5 miles we drove and the speedo was dead"... dude turned white as a ghost and asked if i knew about it.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
couldn't the bcm be swapped and reprogrammed as well?

It could. However when doing this you need to resynch/program it to the vehicle/network it's in. In order to do this, one needs to have a Tech2 or other type of unit (Snap-On MODUS for example), and in some cases (later model year GM vehicles), sometimes access to the GM tech center for authorization is necessary for doing these kind of things.

So a lot of hurdles to get over if done properly. Not saying a shister dealership couldn't do this if shady enough...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just got home
4acbf7f22a8fd8098b3769e495f17552.jpg

9fd4492218cb0b700fe93d04f2585570.jpg

627d0dc5b0b4dc3cac47c26f1ae129fb.jpg

b78ac870b57a75a5d54964eadea9384c.jpg

10f14d465fd9498f7e9cf5c06eeba82e.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Looks Good [MENTION=2761]Shawn1112[/MENTION]! Congrats!

So... Since this thread is still rolling, serious question; What's do you guys think my Suburban is worth? [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION]

I can move everything I purchased for it that wasn't repair/maintenance items to other cars of mine; so I don't really have significant attachment to it. My wife despises that it's Gold over Tan, and now we have an Auxiliary SUV with the Cherokee.

2005 Suburban LT (Gold on Tan):
Has Bose, 4wd with auto mode, heated Leather, Seat Memory and power pedals, 2nd row captains chairs, Rear DVD, Sunroof, XM Antenna, tow package, Flex-Fuel. I think the only options it DOESN'T have are Auto-Ride and Stabilitrack.

137K on it, I'm the second owner. First owner had it always dealer serviced (MyCarFax reflects religious dealer service history, and having had its oil pan gasket and water pump done at about 100K miles).

Repair/Maintenance wise:
New Tires
New Fuel Pump
New Brakes (Pads/Rotors/Calipers/Flushed)
New Front Wheel Hub
New Steering Wheel Buttons
New OEM Driver Side seat skins (so basically the driver side seat is brand new, Lower cushion, Back cushion, and Armrest)
Cluster has had the Bulbs and steppers replaced.

It has No visible surface rust on the exterior; but has bubbling starting on the lower rocker at the rear. Has the lower door seams on the inside just starting to show some surface rust. Given the age/mileage/and rust situation, it could pretty easily be brought back under control cheaply before throwing it up for sale (You wouldn't notice unless you put your nose to it). It has maybe 2 or 3 small blemishes on it that I can think of, but nothing that would show up unless someone was really looking for them. In a casual sale with 'craigslist photos', it looks 100% rust free and straight.

Thoughts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info