Looking for used Tahoe or Yukon

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Anyone know of a used Tahoe or Yukon for sale?
Looking for 2000-2006 with the 5.3, like for it to be under 150,000 miles and not a rust bucket. Dont like fucking with CL or Offerup. Most of those fuckers buy auction cars and have the mileage turned back. Soon as you ask for a VIN #, they stop responding to you, lol

How much of a rush are you in?

I have an 05 Suburban LT, loaded to the teeth (heated leather, sunroof, Bose audio, Tow Package, rear entertainment, AWD option, adjustable pedals, etc, etc), new tires, new fuel pump, new wheel bearings, remote start. Well documented dealer service history, 137,000 miles, that I bought off its FIRST owner a few months ago. No rot yet, has a few surface spots down low bubbling up (wouldn’t be able to see in a ForSale image post unless I put the camera right up to it), but would be easy enough to clean up and seal.

I may Move to unload it in March/April, and would be in your target price range, but need it until I can pull the Mustang back out.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Well he changed his tune then from the past weekend.
I talked to him on Saturday or Sunday, iirc his name was PJ

I didn’t get his name it was just a quick email response. Just asked him if he has the clean title in hand and if he would do the transaction at the currency exchange so I can get plates and send the title in right there. I’ll let ya know the response.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just gave a guy a deposit on a 04 Tahoe LS, he was asking $7200, had him down to $6200 via emails/messages. Settled on $6000, picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Was a little nervous at first talking to him and going to meet him. Would give me real short answers, and just came off kinda strange. The address he gave me turned out to be the temporary Carol Stream Police Station and he is a cop, lol. He has been a cop for 30yrs and is retiring in May. His wife brought the Tahoe up to the police station, super nice people. So I told him, being a cop explains why he came off kinda strange...told him I didnt have a good feeling about this. Him and his wife both LOL, they said it was the 1st time using Offerup to sell something and they were nervous as well. He said being a cop he can never be too careful as who knows if someone he put away years ago is out for revenge. Told him I totally understood and would have been the same way.
Original owners, dealer serviced for most of the time he had it. Just started taking it to a local service station for maintance in the last 2 years. Trans replaced 2 years ago, and has only put 20,000 miles on it since.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
At what point though do you take the risk with that type of dealer?

I know as I look at GMT800's that I want 3/4 ton and the 8.1, it can sometimes be slim pickings for something nice, relatively low mileage, and in LT trim. Unfortunately, sometimes the dealers that have them are dipshits like that place.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
At what point though do you take the risk with that type of dealer?

I know as I look at GMT800's that I want 3/4 ton and the 8.1, it can sometimes be slim pickings for something nice, relatively low mileage, and in LT trim. Unfortunately, sometimes the dealers that have them are dipshits like that place.

Keep in mind, as mentioned earlier, Odometer Tinkering is a very real problem on these trucks, and shit-hole dealers are the ones doing that...

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
There actually aren't many 8.1's around here to be honest. There was one private seller in Bartlett and then Naperville Chevy had an LS. But otherwise they're all down south. A few nice ones have popped up down in Texas and Arizona, but by the time they get on any site and I've called, they've already been snapped up. :(

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Keep in mind, as mentioned earlier, Odometer Tinkering is a very real problem on these trucks, and shit-hole dealers are the ones doing that...

Yea, I worked on them for a living at one point. The shit we'd see would make heads spin. Just running the VIN# through GMVIS can sort shit out quickly.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i wonder how many of them are turned back with no evidence of documentation.

like check the carfax and autocheck and dealer info to determine if rolling one back 50k is possible, and nobody would ever know

i think my 2wd truck could have done this.

i had ~200k on it, and i think last carfax # was like 140k.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i ran into an issue with a car a while back where a security code was set... turned out the cluster was swapped and not updated to the PCM to match and the assholes shaved off 120k and we couldnt find any documentation on it.... a GM tech II showed different miles stored in the pcm/bcm/whatever vs what the dash showed...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info