Keto dieters, what are you having for lunch.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
a solid go to for me for lunches when im in a hurry or in a pickle... freezer veggies and tuna packets.

tuna packets are my huge go to. i love 'em. and now bumblebee is including a spoon even. :fy: i have packets in my truck for a quick snack or whatever.

41oPtQHb65L.AA355_PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_AA355_SH20_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DPQ4YL6/?tag=tcg21-20

i guess one thing ive noticed i do differently than most people posting about keto on here, is veggies, i eat a FUCK ton of veggies. im not getting a double double double cheee from micckeyy d's and calling it good... i eat a bag of freezer veggies and protein.

Tuna is a great protein snack. But man to really make this work, you need many more grams of fat than protein. Too much protein can get turned into the stuff that blocks ketosis.

But you also need to keep the total calories in check too. Mostly calories from fat. Still way more than protein tho. Its a weird balancing act. I seem to have it down and as of today, Im down 35lbs. I NEVER thought this would work, let alone so fast. My last bloodwork, and I was in the normal range for all my levels. Last year my liver enzymes were elevated and my cholesterol was a hair over 200. Its been a god send.

But if you found your groove and you are losing weight (didnt think you had to), then keep it up. Once I get to 50lbs down, Im going to ramp up weight lifting and exercise to counter act the flab.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Tuna is a great protein snack. But man to really make this work, you need many more grams of fat than protein. Too much protein can get turned into the stuff that blocks ketosis.

But you also need to keep the total calories in check too. Mostly calories from fat. Still way more than protein tho. Its a weird balancing act. I seem to have it down and as of today, Im down 35lbs. I NEVER thought this would work, let alone so fast. My last bloodwork, and I was in the normal range for all my levels. Last year my liver enzymes were elevated and my cholesterol was a hair over 200. Its been a god send.

But if you found your groove and you are losing weight (didnt think you had to), then keep it up. Once I get to 50lbs down, Im going to ramp up weight lifting and exercise to counter act the flab.

Congrats, I wish I had half your success. Keep it up.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
^ I agree.

Eating healthy foods with good ingredients, moving around, Biking, going for walks, etc. I eat thousands of calories worth of food, drink a ton of beer and I've been between 200-205lbs for a couple of years or more now. Granted, I bike, walk, work in off/on in a warehouse, eating right makes the difference IMO.

Respect to those that had success with diets such as these. Different strokes for different folks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I just don't get the hate for this diet :rofl:

IF it works for someone or they are enjoying it or are feeling better about themselves... who gives a fuck what they do :rofl:

I genuinely enjoy it, it's not a hassle whatsoever, and I eat really really good food I really really enjoy. I feel more energetic and more focused and eat a lot of steak. a lot. win.win.win.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
what do you mean?

People think all veggies are like Zero Zero across the board in terms of calories and carbs and so on. The common thought is that you can eat as much of any veggies as you want. The truth is most veggies have a lot of carbs, and you cannot eat most of them on keto atleast. Some are good and have tons of fiber too that will "cancel out" carbs. That gives you your net carb value. Like if a food has 10g of carbs per serving, but also has 6g of fiber per serving. That would give you 4g net carbs. And if that fits into your daily macros, then its ok to eat. But on true keto, you are supposed to ignore net carbs and just stick to the real carb value and eat accordingly. And for that, most veggies have too many carbs. Sorry brown rice.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
People think all veggies are like Zero Zero across the board in terms of calories and carbs and so on. The common thought is that you can eat as much of any veggies as you want. The truth is most veggies have a lot of carbs, and you cannot eat most of them on keto atleast. Some are good and have tons of fiber too that will "cancel out" carbs. That gives you your net carb value. Like if a food has 10g of carbs per serving, but also has 6g of fiber per serving. That would give you 4g net carbs. And if that fits into your daily macros, then its ok to eat. But on true keto, you are supposed to ignore net carbs and just stick to the real carb value and eat accordingly. And for that, most veggies have too many carbs. Sorry brown rice.

rice isn't a veggie though...

I don't think that's what he meant either.

I eat broccoli and cauliflower, green beans, carrots, salads, etc... cuz i like it :rofl:

i stay in ketosis... so... cool. :bigthumb:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I just don't get the hate for this diet :rofl:

IF it works for someone or they are enjoying it or are feeling better about themselves... who gives a fuck what they do :rofl:

I genuinely enjoy it, it's not a hassle whatsoever, and I eat really really good food I really really enjoy. I feel more energetic and more focused and eat a lot of steak. a lot. win.win.win.

And I agree with this. Im eating very similarly to what I was before. Just no buns or fries with my fast food meals. And I have learned to love coke Zero.

And yeah I know rice is not a veggie. Its an example of a food that people think is good for them, but in reality it has as many carbs as white rice.

I usually stick with green beans for my veggies. Thats about it. I dont love veggies really.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
everyone one of us here should know "diets" DO NOT WORK anywhere near long term. :rofl: its long term lifestyle changes or not. Need to cut weight for some event or vacation then have at it.

that's fine. i understand that people feel that way.

worked for me though. :dunno:

i was 230 last fall, did ketosis for like 12-16 weeks? got down to like 205-210.

then went back to eating/drinking "normal" added around 5-6 lbs back in the past 8 months. which to still be down 15-20lbs overall from last fall... and only have done it a few months.... fuck it. at the risk of being called out or told it's not real and doesn't work, :rofl: im a believer. i feel better and what's most surprising is how i feel the weight fell off my face :rofl:

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
so 230 last fall, then on it 3-4 months (winter), then what happened around Jan? eating/drinking normal and only gained 8 # back until now mid august? and haven't done any diets since last fall?

Just trying to understand the variables.

I already have my food choices lined up and saw crazy results like 8# in the first 4-5 days, just a matter of really when to commit to "it", which really comes down to when to commit passing on the brews which is the downfall, not because of the calories in brew, but the actual cravings and food fails generally that follow nights out.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so 230 last fall, then on it 3-4 months (winter), then what happened around Jan? eating/drinking normal and only gained 8 # back until now mid august? and haven't done any diets since last fall?

Just trying to understand the variables.

I already have my food choices lined up and saw crazy results like 8# in the first 4-5 days, just a matter of really when to commit to "it", which really comes down to when to commit passing on the brews which is the downfall, not because of the calories in brew, but the actual cravings and food fails generally that follow nights out.

christmas/new years/my birthday happened basically. :rofl: too much delicious goodness.

and yeah that's correct.

i drink... a good amount. i can sip bourbon/whiskey/scotch and stay in ketosis... other's report really gnarly hangovers but i don't experience anything more/different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info