Eagle's wifey's new ride

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Zee German cars require expensive parts. This is why they're so cheap and found in such great shape, because nobody wants them :rofl: Except Eagle, who is fixing everything correctly so his wife has a super nice ass car to drive. Usually once you get through the initial hurt of fixing things the car needs, they run for a good while before they need more costly parts.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
it's direct injection. fuel never hits the back of the valves. all the pcv wonderfulness cooks onto the back of the valves and fuel treatment won't take care of it. It's an issue in direct injection motors in general.

Yup. Thats why I have the catch can on my ST. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesnt, but I just emptied it over the weekend after 4k miles of driving, and all I know is that this never made it onto my intake valves, so I'm happy to take all the help I can get from the can.

DQeZSP6.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Nice pick up on the 5 series. It looks great in white. I assume everyone will be spotting you driving this around. Like the Mustang? lol

Oh, never mind...
Eagle said:
Wifey's going to have to pry it from my hands!

hahaha

But I know what you mean. The N54 BMWs are a blast to drive.

The car is VASTLY improved on the stage 1 tune. Mind you it's completely stock and hasn't even been walnut blasted yet (but needs it I guess). 1st gear has much more authority - you can feel the boost come in very early now. Before first gear was almost entirely boring and gave you very little boost. Now it's pulling to 55mph in first and it gets there in a decent hurry for a sedan.

In any event, 5 stars for a canned tune which cost just $180 to get up and running with a few clicks and 38min install time while I sat in the house cruising TCG.

As a new N54 owner I am happy to hear this. I read the same kind of things on other forums. For a "Set it and forget it" type of tune it seems hard to beat. The cost just makes it a slam dunk.

Can't leave well enough alone! It's a disease! Cross your fingers for me that the flashing completes without issues!

Must of us on this forum are cursed with that. There are worse addictions to have. lol

I already have dual cone filters on the way. Seems like a honest 15rwhp bump. That is impressive for $100 and simple install. I am looking at a cost effective front mount intercooler as well. For post winter install. Not so much so I can run the stage 2 tunes but to just keep air intake temps in check.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
-Faster shifts
-Almost no loss of power in between shifts
-Almost no torque limiter
-Faster launches
-Faster paddle response times
-Center cluster will now show D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6 rather then just D

The coding is also available from them when you buy the trans tune. If you have a way to do the coding you may be able to update to the BMW 2011+ trans programming. I think I saw somewhere that the file was available for free.

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
. I am looking at a cost effective front mount intercooler as well. For post winter install. Not so much so I can run the stage 2 tunes but to just keep air intake temps in check.

I picked up the VRSF 5". Waiting for it to go on with some outlets. 5" seems to be all you need with stock turbos. Don't need to cut anything either

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
VRSF Street Intercooler FMIC Upgrade Kit 07-12 135i/335i/535i/X1/Z4 N54 & N55 E82/E84/E89/E60/E90/E92

Installation

Both VRSF intercoolers feature tabs that allow the retention of the factory fan shroud. We also include additional mounting hardware for extra support. We include everything required to repalce the OEM intercooler, including custom molded couplers and stainless steel t-bolt clamps necessary for installation. Please note that Z4 & 535i models will require additional hardware to complete the install. Instructions can be found here for the 535i and here for the Z4.

t-bolt clamps? You don't say?

:obama:

Thread Info