Eagle's wifey's new ride

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION], I did my walnut blasting using the compressor and shop vac I already had. I picked up some tools from this place. Buy Blasting Tools

I also grabbed a media blaster and walnut shells from Harbor Freight. All together it was a rather cheap job. Also pick up some o rings for the throttle body and intake ports. Cheap insurance although some guys have been fine reusing their old o rings.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
YALL ARE DIRTY! :squint:

Walnut blasting the intake ports of the cyl head:
before-after-21.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Car doesn't run on E85 without a tune and a perfect high pressure pump.

I guess the valve cover has some sorts of rubber baffles built into it which allow oil to enter the intake and the engines... I guess by design? ... consume some amount of oil on the regular. This is basically a maintenance item.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
it's direct injection. fuel never hits the back of the valves. all the pcv wonderfulness cooks onto the back of the valves and fuel treatment won't take care of it. It's an issue in direct injection motors in general.

This is the main reason I didn't get a ecoboost truck. The valves and heads ended up getting coated in carbon and crap, thus would end up needing the same service as what Eagle has to do. Sucks you have to do this [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION], but I know it won't be an issue with your mechanical skills.

Thread Info