back when suburbans had real bumpers......

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Buy whatever the smallest wheel that'll fit. If you can get 17's, either pick up cheap take off rims or steelies. Swapping wheels is way better than tires. Plus you can keep your current wheels curb rash free since you'll probably crash due to that nervous twitch I presume you have.

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
you still dont get tahoe is more than just winter........

it has a reciever hitch and can tow mustang not so much.

zero back peadling you just dont get it or are looking for an argument.

2 vehicles > 1 thats a no brainer

Oh, you're missing punctuation that would make your sentences make sense. After rereading it like an adult typed it, it makes sense now.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Eh I'd swap the motor your already into it money. At least it will last longer for you then

350s are cheap and plentiful part of the reason i bought this in the first place.

got it for cheap enough every parts store on the planet carries pretty much everything for them and even if i need engine trans transfer cases axles or anything else those are cheap and easy to find also.

gm goodwrench crates are even cheap enough to consider off summit or jegs.

RenoReno2

Regular
Nov 24, 2011
350s are cheap and plentiful part of the reason i bought this in the first place.

got it for cheap enough every parts store on the planet carries pretty much everything for them and even if i need engine trans transfer cases axles or anything else those are cheap and easy to find also.

gm goodwrench crates are even cheap enough to consider off summit or jegs.

I popped the motor on my 93 and went with the crate motor from GM. Put 80k on it with no issues, just all the other parts that were reused had issues. For how how much reman motors are and were just made more sense with a new one

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
My advice is call the JY you called for the 3800. Also may be able to get a TBI 454 and toss it in with minimal work (swap the chip for one of the same year 454 and the whole engine.) Do some research, it may be cheaper than you think to swap in another TBI 350.

ED:454 will be a PITA because they never used a 4L60E behind one, you'd probably want to swap the whole mess. On the Astro vans you'd just swap the harness to go between CPI and TBI. Not sure how involved it would be on a Suburban though. May not be worth it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
because its brand new 37k car that id rather drive a 4 door 4 wheel drive winter slut no fucks what it looks like as long as it had heat 4 wheel drive and reliable.

this isnt some metropolis that i live in. its north dakota and i drive 10 miles down the interstate to work and back.

have you ever done a north dakota winter? this isnt chicago toto or denver for that matter.

id rather drive a 95 tahoe in the winter than a 16 mustang.

i dont really think leaving the mustang in the garage is absurd.

CAN it be driven in the winter sure its not going to turn to dust once the temp drops to zero.

he who has biggest vehicle wins in the winter.

ive been hit 3 times in the winter by OTHER drivers.

its not me or the mustang i worry about its the other fuckers on the road that forget every year what driving on ice and snow is all about.

besides all this 2 running decent vehicles is always better than one. tahoe can tow when needed for house work or winter duties or whatever much more capable vehicle than a mustang.

And you give me shit for garage keeping a $162,000 R8.... :bowrofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info