back when suburbans had real bumpers......

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I vote get that engine in tip top shape and just throw 33" generals or ko2's on it and be done. Lifted IFS trucks look silly and doubt you need a lift for a small tire increase.

if anything id be less than 6 inches just enough for some decent tires. speaking of those generals decent for winter?

figured if i am going to put tires on this i might as well jist put blizzaks on it too.

checked out prices on some toyo open countries and some nitto terra grapplers but i think both of them are more mud/offroad tires than i want for winter. :dunno:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
With the TBI 350, bump the FP a bit, give it 2-3 deg more timing and run mid grade gas, perhaps some exhaust work and light porting on the TBI unit. There is power to be had in that 350, maybe not carbed 454 power but it's certainly there. I'd probably skip the rest as you can make an AFPR cheap and the rest is minimal expense like gaskets. The bolt length is way overkill but this should give you an idea:

adjustablefpr.jpg

With a no cat/otherwise stock 4.3L in my Astro Van going from 9 to 13 PSI was worth .2 on my G-Tech Pro. I had to fiddle with it to get it right of course but hey that's life right?

Grand Cherokee Steering Box

More info on the box swap, I'm wanting to do this to the Lemans............And a hydroboost.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
if anything id be less than 6 inches just enough for some decent tires. speaking of those generals decent for winter?

figured if i am going to put tires on this i might as well jist put blizzaks on it too.

checked out prices on some toyo open countries and some nitto terra grapplers but i think both of them are more mud/offroad tires than i want for winter. :dunno:

cooper makes an a/tw... all terrain tire i think with mass amounts of siping

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company - Discoverer A/TWâ„¢

DiscovererATW.png

Standard Limited Warranty
50,000 Mile Treadwear Protection
Severe Weather Rated
M+S Rated

The Discoverer A/Tw provides the on- and off-road, year-round performance required from an all-terrain tire. Plus, advanced compound technology and design innovations deliver uncompromised performance necessary to achieve the severe snow rating.

:rofl: 4" and 6" lifts look terrible.

I had generals. They were awesome in the snow. I think I used 4wd once and that was just because of ice and our steep hills. They're M&S rated and even studdable

have you heard anything about the tires i just mentioned?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Welp hardest part of my cheapo Tahoe is done. Fuel pump is in.

Actually a pretty cake job when you can use a 2 post lift and a 5 ton trans jack for a fuel pump job. :rofl:

Working on big shit daily makes this Tahoe seem like a micro machine.

:fy:

I'll do ignition this weekend and figured out if the steering pump needs to be replaced or what. it was nearly dry and only wet spot underneath it is from the power steering pump.

For a 1995 North Dakota winters SUV I was very happy with the underside!

So all that's left is ignition, steering, sort out the front suspension bits that need to be replaced and slap some new tires on.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
put plugs wires cap and rotor in it drove it to grand forks and back. 30 miles and wait for it.......................

blowed up has rod knock. :rofl: :fu: gahhhhhhdddddfucking damn it. another gm 30 mile engine 1st the 3800 grand prix. now 350 tahoe. fuck these GM vehicles all to hell.

soooo now what to do with this one?

shove another cheap engine in it sell it and buy snow tires for the mustang sounds great at least i wont be driving a god damn GM vehicle.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Weren't you talking about engine swapping anyways or was that just babbling?

Also, there's a commonality here and it's not that they're gm's......

commonality is

old

gm

junk

gm

eleventy billion miles

gm

bought at a police auction

gm

didnt run when i bought it

gm

put battery in it smashed gas tank drove it home

gm

yup thats not a fan clutch making noise

gm

both 90s gm junk

have i mentioned it is a gm.

but yes i was talking about engines in case it wasnt a fan clutch.

so yes its not a fan clutch guess ill need to find at the minimum a short block.

pretty hard to diagnose and shake down a vehicle when did i tell you i bought it at a police auction and it didnt start.

put a fuel pump in it plugs wires cap rotor

1st drive to figure out what needed to be done next to sort out the suspension then alignment in order to get ready for new tires.

soooooooo ironic yeah 2 gm trash cans blowed up. 1st one i beat the ever living piss out of and nuked a s1x cam gen5 e85 3800 put junkyard engine in and it blew up.

this one bought police auction vehicle and well needs work is an understatement but hey its a decent body.

:rofl: no fucks given

i dont live by what if maybe shoulda coulda this or that.

what to do from here as ive preached in other threads from everything to politics to vehicles no crying just fix it and move on.

ps no need to be an ass clown it is what it is.

wreck rebuilt repeat in no particular order. :rofl: in this case it was wrecked before i got it. at least im in it for next to nothing.

budget still stands as less than 1100 total. see above for what that 1100 entails. ive broke down the budget earlier.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
no tears just an updage along with you being a douche...

:rofl:

leaving in march so toss an affordable engine in tires and who knows what else on this or stash it away on the farm throw snow tires on my mustang and continue with this later and do it how id like with a decent crate engine and keep it instead of the never ending vicious cycle of buy fix punt down the road. this thing was bought to try not to invest a shit ton of money for a winter rig while leaving the mustang in the garage all winter under a cover.

budget right now would obviously cost less to throw snow tires on mustang man up and drive that thing until march knowing its bone stock and has a warranty should something happen.

:dunno:

gonna have so explore some options here...............

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
because its brand new 37k car that id rather drive a 4 door 4 wheel drive winter slut no fucks what it looks like as long as it had heat 4 wheel drive and reliable.

this isnt some metropolis that i live in. its north dakota and i drive 10 miles down the interstate to work and back.

have you ever done a north dakota winter? this isnt chicago toto or denver for that matter.

id rather drive a 95 tahoe in the winter than a 16 mustang.

i dont really think leaving the mustang in the garage is absurd.

CAN it be driven in the winter sure its not going to turn to dust once the temp drops to zero.

he who has biggest vehicle wins in the winter.

ive been hit 3 times in the winter by OTHER drivers.

its not me or the mustang i worry about its the other fuckers on the road that forget every year what driving on ice and snow is all about.

besides all this 2 running decent vehicles is always better than one. tahoe can tow when needed for house work or winter duties or whatever much more capable vehicle than a mustang.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
North of fargo its not the snow its the fact that its small town rural and way fucking colder than where you live.

fuck 19 inch snow tires are a bitch after quick amazon and tirerack search.

might as well buy some cheap 17s or 18s if i end up driving the mustang and that will drive the tire cost down likely enough to buy wheels and tires for less than 19inch snow tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info