You're Trump - What do you do with NK?

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I feel like he's a little attention whore or tantruming toddler whom we've enabled way too much. Those types seem to be a lot less empowered without enablers (on either side, for or against). I think we're as responsible as any other outside entity for why NK behaves the way NK does.... Simply responding to the douche I'm sure validates every ounce of his little evil tubby being as well as his actions in his head.

That being said, the cleanest way would be to get the people of the country to topple their own leader. Gee, I don't know why exactly, but part of me feels like it would be really really dumb to remove an authoritarian and military leadership, in a country in an unstable environment without a good plan to replace them, when done from the "outside". And when I say it needs to be done from the inside, that does not mean inserting a bunch of plants and forcing the effort at the tip of the spear, followed by trying to insert our culture over their own, chock full of hand-picked puppets who only made the list because they give the best monetary or political blow jobs. Their general public needs to be motivated to do it themselves.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
First question is Can we allow N.K. to become more and more nuclear powerful?

That answer, IMO, is no. You don't want cute little Dart to grow into a DemoDog. It's much harder to stop a full blown nuclear power than a despot with a not yet developed nuclear program. It's clear Un intends to turn N.K. into that nuclear power.

With that decided, the 2nd question is how?

Nuke them is a fun, gratifying answer but it's not feasible unless they nuked us first.

Using our spy organizations is better than the nuke scenario but our spies seem to be dumb asses way too often. Will they screw things up worse? Especially if the State Dept. is involved?

The best answer is economic sanctions. They're not glamorous but they work. That N.K. deserter had all kinds of medical issues from poor diet. Things can't be good for most of N.K. Strengthen the sanctions and the population may reach the point of rebellion without the U.S. firing a shot.

Once a rebellion starts, those troops can be backed/led along the path of Democracy... er, Consumer Plutocracy. Split the country up between S.K. and China and nearly everyone will be happy including most North Koreans.

IMO, Trump needs to use his power and personality to force China, Russia and anyone else who deals with N.K. to turn the screws until N.K. pops.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i have no idea and am glad i'm not being asked how to solve this problem, cuz it's a tough one no doubt.

it seems any military action would have to be at some unrealistic level of perfection to avoid what most would consider an unacceptable amount of loss in south korea.

on the other hand they get money through aid and negotiations they fail to uphold their ends of the bargain for, and it seems like making threats is part of the way we and others keep giving them money in an attempt to postpone what they are working on. that hasn't been working all that great, although there hasn't been any major war either. i wonder what would happen if they were provided less and less. i suppose a decent question is how much of that aid goes to the average poor person there anyway. unfortunately for them, they are so brainwashed/controlled/poor that it's hard to imagine any kind of scenario where they themselves could result and get rid of their shit government. so what to do?

go in balls out and hope for perfection of some kind? or just accept a massive amount of south korean losses? something sk surely is not so super hot on. or more of the same and expect these guys aren't actually stupid enough to start a fight?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I'd send in The Best to take out one nutcase....

3a385e644bc57b6484d2d2130ec5f44e.jpg

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
Stage a coup and then have him eliminated. Dropping nukes on the peninsula will only put the 28k+ US troops station there into harms way and would cause a huge falling out with our South Korean alias (along with China, etc.) and others.

Too many South Koreans have family to the north and all of us know they're forced to buy into his BS. I was stationed in South Korea from 97 to 98 and it definitely isn't a fun place for any sort of ground war. Camp Casey (where I was) is only 11/12 miles from the NK border and it is already known they have artillery fixed on all of our bases in northern SK; I think they told us we had 54 seconds from launch to impact There are also MANY small US bases along with ROK bases that are extremely close to the border.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
First question is Can we allow N.K. to become more and more nuclear powerful?

That answer, IMO, is no. You don't want cute little Dart to grow into a DemoDog. It's much harder to stop a full blown nuclear power than a despot with a not yet developed nuclear program. It's clear Un intends to turn N.K. into that nuclear power.

With that decided, the 2nd question is how?

Nuke them is a fun, gratifying answer but it's not feasible unless they nuked us first.

Using our spy organizations is better than the nuke scenario but our spies seem to be dumb asses way too often. Will they screw things up worse? Especially if the State Dept. is involved?

The best answer is economic sanctions. They're not glamorous but they work. That N.K. deserter had all kinds of medical issues from poor diet. Things can't be good for most of N.K. Strengthen the sanctions and the population may reach the point of rebellion without the U.S. firing a shot.

Once a rebellion starts, those troops can be backed/led along the path of Democracy... er, Consumer Plutocracy. Split the country up between S.K. and China and nearly everyone will be happy including most North Koreans.

IMO, Trump needs to use his power and personality to force China, Russia and anyone else who deals with N.K. to turn the screws until N.K. pops.
Agreed, sanctions from China is what will it take to shut him down. No trade with China is a death blow to NK

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
The smart thing to do, send every B2, F22, F35 over and wipe out all there Air Defenses and ICBM Sites in a single night

Than in the morning you give them the ultimatum, stating either you calm the fuck down, or we come in again without you knowing and destroy the rest of your military force

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Tell all the other countries who expect us to be the worlds babysitters we're done, back everyone out of the region and let it be known we're leaving but if you attack the United States or one of our territories that we will then wipe you off the face of the Earth. No nukes needed for a place like NK.

I'm personally tired of us having US troops on God knows how many countries soil... Take all the money you're spending on that shit and spend it here where it counts. I would say the Military budget could get cut significantly, with a much larger portion of their budget going to taking care of the troops here.

I'm not sending anyone to take him out, we should not be in the regime change business. How's it worked out for us the fast few we've brought down?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info