You're Trump - What do you do with NK?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Syria, ok maybe. But Russia and Cuba? Come on man.

No one that has any brains, will want to get in bed with NK. What would Russia especially stand to gain?

Devils advocate: Sure they have something to gain. We're a thorn in Russia's side. What if NK will be "that guy" who is willing to go punch the obnoxious USA in the face? What if by aligning them with friends of Russia (Cuba) gets them a bit closer?

What if Putin is plain bored and is looking to mix things up and see some real fireworks?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Devils advocate: Sure they have something to gain. We're a thorn in Russia's side. What if NK will be "that guy" who is willing to go punch the obnoxious USA in the face? What if by aligning them with friends of Russia (Cuba) gets them a bit closer?

What if Putin is plain bored and is looking to mix things up and see some real fireworks?

No one is gonna back NK.

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI

I get where you're coming from, but other than starting a war to take down the USA, there are no other benefits.

Either Putin has a master poker face or I actually believe him when he says he has no interest in the USA or it's politics, or any other countries in fact.

Russia really has nothing to gain by risking it's very existence for two pieces of land that are essentially meaningless otherwise.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh no, not Cuba!

I7Hymis.gif

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I get where you're coming from, but other than starting a war to take down the USA, there are no other benefits.

Either Putin has a master poker face or I actually believe him when he says he has no interest in the USA or it's politics, or any other countries in fact.

Russia really has nothing to gain by risking it's very existence for two pieces of land that are essentially meaningless otherwise.

:rofl: Yeah, except THAT one little detail. Taking down the USA. Want to take a shot at compiling a list of things that would change in the world if the US ceased holding its spot at #1?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The more we spoke about it, the more we both came to the conclusion that it appears obvious to us at least, that the rest of the larger world powers are maneuvering to remove us from #1 global power by playing a massive game of chess and screwing us into becoming terribly overburdened with obligations and eventually causing us either to 1. implode on ourselves with debt or 2. finally provoke someone else far enough to actually act against us in a big enough way to cause us to implode on ourselves through something like a loss of utilities (power/water/etc).

Yeah, we need to stop being THE super power and start being A super power.

Which means taking care of our house and playing well with others.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi

I have to say, since that is the case I don't feel there is any reason for action at this point. When NK finally does attack, then the best action would be minimal civilian casualties. Nuclear response is not warranted at this time. If it is possible to take out military leaders with minimal casualties then that would be ideal. Nuclear action is a last ditch desperation effort only IMO.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Whats going on right now is basically the equivalent of when I'm drunk, look over to my friends and say "you got my back if I start a fight right?". Then I point to the biggest guy in the bar and wait to see what my friends say.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I have to say, since that is the case I don't feel there is any reason for action at this point. When NK finally does attack, then the best action would be minimal civilian casualties. Nuclear response is not warranted at this time. If it is possible to take out military leaders with minimal casualties then that would be ideal. Nuclear action is a last ditch desperation effort only IMO.

:werd: Completely agreed!

Whats going on right now is basically the equivalent of when I'm drunk, look over to my friends and say" you got my back if I start a fight right?". Then I point to the biggest guy in the bar and wait to see what my friends say.

If I had a dollar for every time that's happened to me.... :bowrofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Kim is just trying to keep his image in the country. Information is harder to contain so he has to show off to get his people to change subjects and believe the bullshit he sells. (Like the story of the NK guard who bolted for the border, NK is saying one story but the NK people hear the speakers from SK as they are broadcasting the true news over their borders to stir things up)

Personally I think we just ignore the fool like a child. He just cries wolf and isn't going to do shit because he would have SK and China on his ass instantly followed by the US close behind. It would be a short, losing fight and anyone with eyes can see that, even him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info