Yaj Yak's Formula 260 SS Boat Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Knowing the clientele at TSC, I'm sure they did that on purpose. Looks perfect for a trailer jack though.

So why might you not have this boat on the chain?

so we originally planned to take it home this past weekend.

my hood is jacking me around with my boat slip/lift again. I REALLY don't want this boat to sit in the water or partially in the water. last year it somewhat did because i never got power hooked up to my lift... and hand cranking the 6k lbs or whateverthefuckitis was about to make me require shoulder surgery.

but they want me to move my lift cuz it takes up 2 spots but i have 0 idea where they want it to go. and then once it moves (whenever that happens) id still have to figure out power unless i sack up and drop a g to go 12v lift motor shit.

we've got a lot of shit going on these next few weeks... sxs trip to wisco, float trip in st louis, then back to the south, during end of june, which we will likely just go out on this a fuck ton down there.... then we're in wyoming for over a week for another sxs trip, a few weddings tossed in, blah blah.

but. then also, this happened.

DmnSsdWh.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
so we originally planned to take it home this past weekend.

my hood is jacking me around with my boat slip/lift again. I REALLY don't want this boat to sit in the water or partially in the water. last year it somewhat did because i never got power hooked up to my lift... and hand cranking the 6k lbs or whateverthefuckitis was about to make me require shoulder surgery.

but they want me to move my lift cuz it takes up 2 spots but i have 0 idea where they want it to go. and then once it moves (whenever that happens) id still have to figure out power unless i sack up and drop a g to go 12v lift motor shit.

we've got a lot of shit going on these next few weeks... sxs trip to wisco, float trip in st louis, then back to the south, during end of june, which we will likely just go out on this a fuck ton down there.... then we're in wyoming for over a week for another sxs trip, a few weddings tossed in, blah blah.

but. then also, this happened.

DmnSsdWh.jpg

Your life sounds so much more exciting than mine. I really should have just sacked up and bought the SxS. It's like pulling teeth to get my wife to head to wisco for an ATV ride. :rofl:

Will you have another boat on the chain?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Your life sounds so much more exciting than mine. I really should have just sacked up and bought the SxS. It's like pulling teeth to get my wife to head to wisco for an ATV ride. :rofl:

Will you have another boat on the chain?

:rofl:

sxs is sweet because it's so similar to a car it doesn't seem "like a chore" to my wife. she's gonna sit in her comfy seat drinkin' henry's hard waters jamming out to music as we braap around the countryside.

sooo yeah, poontoon will be in the chain.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
:rofl:

sxs is sweet because it's so similar to a car it doesn't seem "like a chore" to my wife. she's gonna sit in her comfy seat drinkin' henry's hard waters jamming out to music as we braap around the countryside.

sooo yeah, poontoon will be in the chain.

We'll have to meet up for a burger somewhere. Also keep me in mind when you hit the trails.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
wtf ?
and 6.2 in that denali ?

father in laws truck. yeah 6.2.

people aren't gonna like to hear this. but my gas 6.0 one ton of fun has more balls pulling that boat than the 6.2 did/does. the 6.2 denali's that gen from what i have seen primarily have 3.23 gears... empty the fucker is a ROCKET SHIP.

but with boat behind it, i think my truck might actually be a smidge quicker.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
had a few weeks of solid butt pucker with this rig.

ky got CRAZY cold a few weeks ago. out of nowhere... 16*. normally it's still 40s for a low, mid 50's/60s for a high, so i haven't worried much in years past.

a snippet below freezing- whatever, i wouldn't worry too bad, but 16* is fucking cold, then the next few nights lows near that as well.

1575470333944.png

boat is in an unheated metal pole barn. temp didn't go above freezing for about 48 hours.

it was warmer here a good amount when this went down, i didn't even think about it, until a day or two after...

block was still full of water, water system hadn't been drained or winterized, yeah i wasn't excited.

thank god it was alright.

winterized it all, got it put away for the year. unfortunately didn't get to go out this past weekend because it was 45-55 and raining.

1129191429_HDR.jpg

Current game plan is to sell this rig come spring, up here.

going to suck to see it go, looks sweet behind my new truck but it's time... don't get to use it enough, and boat slip by our house up here doesn't make sense to keep it.

Don't mind the sweet spare white tire on the boat trailer.. need to get the "right" tire back on :rofl:

1129191400_HDR.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was expecting this to happen sooner or later.

NO I DONT WANT TO BUY IT

i dont think i'd let you buy it if you gave me 10k over what i ask. :rofl:- it would likely break in half on the tow home somehow.

we really want to keep it but i can't have a lift where i have my slip and i don't have it in me to let this boat get fucked sitting in the chain all summer.

the poontoon is such a solid chain ripper and it's so mindless. when the chain flooded one of the 13 times this year, i would go and make sure the ropes were alright and go home, id have been FREAKING out with the formula in :rofl:

Do you still have the ski boat too?

buddy bought it on fox lake and ripped it all summer, skiing behind it, teachin' kids to ski, etc. he's having fun with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info