Yaj yak SXS hunt thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://www.hdextremeoffroad.com/product/polaris-general-turf-delete-gear/

Description
If you have been in the game long enough, you should know by now, the turf mode in these units are a ticking time bomb. Now with even bigger more powerful engines and installing bigger tires, it has become an even bigger problem. Turf mode is nice for not tearing up your yard but when your turf mode decides to let go, you will know when you hear the loud pop and see an enormous hole in your transmission casing. Fix it now, before it becomes a problem. Don’t get left stranded on the trail or worse yet, having to purchase a new case or new transmission.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
1000-5 or bust with the deals they have on them.

seems like you can get them low to mid 13's.

All comes down to monthly payment with me and I can swing a 700-4 pretty easily at $170 while still saving for a Talon. The machine I buy this spring is just a stop gap. Not sure if I want to go SxS or stick with a traditional ATV.

So back to differential talk with you two... the Polaris 4wd in the rangers & general's isn't quite bullet proof, especially older models (some threads say 19s have it figured out, but plenty of threads with 16,17,18's having issues)

but these models with turf mode, grenade their rear ends basically best i can understand it. and it's not from using or not using turf mode, it's from the solenoid that controls the turf mode going AWOL and grenading the entire thing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...KEwjQrbeS7ZffAhUOtIMKHfkCAjUQrQIoBDAJegQIBxAL

then it's like a 4k fix because it comes packaged with the trans best i can tell.

like i said, supposedly 19's have a "fix" and here's to hoping they do.

Turf mod is something I have very little knowledge about. I mostly have been researching the sport machines and ATV's that have a spooled rear diff. I assume yours has turf mode?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
All comes down to monthly payment with me and I can swing a 700-4 pretty easily at $170 while still saving for a Talon. The machine I buy this spring is just a stop gap. Not sure if I want to go SxS or stick with a traditional ATV.

Turf mod is something I have very little knowledge about. I mostly have been researching the sport machines and ATV's that have a spooled rear diff. I assume yours has turf mode?

yeah i think rzrs, rangers & general's have turf mode best i can tell.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The Rzr 900s and Sportsman 570 I was looking at did not. I haven't heard about it being a huge issue. 4k is insane for a repair, you can just swap in a spool?

check the link i posted before, it grenades the case and is only available as an entire assembly.

like i said though, supposedly 2019's have an update or something

but apparently not a thing in rzr's or sportsmans

which will tear grass up if you're ever dicking around in your yard.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
check the link i posted before, it grenades the case and is only available as an entire assembly.

like i said though, supposedly 2019's have an update or something

but apparently not a thing in rzr's or sportsmans

which will tear grass up if you're ever dicking around in your yard.

It might be a thing on the higher models of Rzr. The 60" S doesn't have it. It says trans case. So the trans case blows out and not the diff? I don't get it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Grass grows back, quit being a bitch

says the guy who works for a landscaping company.

It might be a thing on the higher models of Rzr. The 60" S doesn't have it. It says trans case. So the trans case blows out and not the diff? I don't get it.

778f48fc8a1c63bb0888399866270c67.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I dont know a lot about the rear diff on the polaris machines, but for $330 or whatever that part was you listed it seems worth it. I would rather have peace of mind and replace that gear.

i think it's like a serious part though... sure the part is only $330... buuuut it's well inside the case. you know?

Other's will fail before mine (i hope) and watching what happens with the 2019s is my plan... mine won't get driven as much or as hard as others so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info