Yaj yak SXS hunt thread

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My neighbor took a weekend trip to SW Wisconsin. I believe he called it the "cheese trail" with his RZR. Said good riding.

Not quite as close as Jainsville but Monroe has a decently long system. I went there twice last year and still haven't made it to the end of 2 of the trails. It's more than enough trail for a full day ride and only about 1.5 hours from my house.

One in the same

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
it's fucking amazing how hard it is to get pricing out of some of these dealers. Fuck. it's like they are running museums and not dealerships.

FUCK

just had one call me

"oh hey der uh so what are you lookin for der "

blah blah blah

"oh okay well yeah that's a 4 seater so uh yeah well you need 4 seats then huh?"

yep yep i do, whats the best price you can do?

"well uh where will you use it and uh why?"

it'll be registered in wisconsin to a vacation home, what's the price?

" well um uh ill have to get to work here and get after some numbers and really get back to you with all this"

ok cool thanks.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
FUCK

just had one call me

"oh hey der uh so what are you lookin for der "

blah blah blah

"oh okay well yeah that's a 4 seater so uh yeah well you need 4 seats then huh?"

yep yep i do, whats the best price you can do?

"well uh where will you use it and uh why?"

it'll be registered in wisconsin to a vacation home, what's the price?

" well um uh ill have to get to work here and get after some numbers and really get back to you with all this"

ok cool thanks.

I actually enquired about a ATV from a small dealer up in Three Lakes. It was a year old 2017 model listed as new and under price it said call. They didn't respond to my email enquiry so I called them. Id rather buy from a small Northwood's business than large dealer in IL like Nielsen's.

PANDA: Yeah I saw a 2017 Polaris 450 ATV on your website and I was wondering if I could get a quote?
Dealer: Oh yeah that dur ATV.... Steve is using it now... 2017
PANDA: You have it listed as new. Is it not?
Dealer: oh it new never titled.
PANDA: But steve is riding it now?
Dealer: He using it for a demo, might have a few miles.
PANDA: How many miles we talking?
Dealer: Not sure when will find out when he brings it back.
PANDA: So is it NOT for sale?
Dealer: Its for sale just steve has it.
PANDA: When steve going to bring it back?
Dealer: Not sure.
PANDA: Do you have a price for it once you get it back?
Dealer: Yeah let me email
PANDA: Perfect.

(Dealer gives MSRP price in email quote)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
And people rip shit around?? The county cops were always cunts about it from what I remember. I occasionally will ride from my Dad's place to that little gas station across from Mutiny to fill up a gas can but that's about it.

on my old one i was turning off of grass lake road onto my road, and a lake county cop watched me do the whole thing because he was waiting for me to turn because he was turning left onto grass lake road... and he didn't even bat an eye at me.

probably not legal of course, but iim just going to be respectful and ride it how i rode the electric one and hope for the best.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
test before buy?

bruh this is TCG, fuckin' pull the trigger like it's a western shoot out.

fwiw. this is actually what i did.

first time i sat in a 4 seater was in tennessee....

first one i drove, was mine after the sale was done... and just onto my trailer.

second time i drove it was backing it off of my trailer.

without ramps.

because #SENDIT

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I like the look of the Ranger better and they have a pretty cool cold weather package with a sealed cab and heater. Can Am may have the same thing I am just unaware of it. Also the 4WD system is better on the Polaris machines. That is changing though since Can Am released a full locker front diff.

The Pioneer is definitely a family 4 seater meaning the back seats are more geared towards kids. Who do you plan to put in the back seat?

A few front locker options now for the can am machines. Halo lockers look good and have a reasonable price. Can am sells retrofit front locker kits from their x3 RC now but they are pricey

The Polaris 4WD seems to be pretty much bullet proof. I hear there have been a lot of complaints with the viscolock on UTV's. It all boils down to what you really want to do. If you plan to ride to the dock and bars and work around the house I'm sure the Can Am is more than capable. The Honda doesn't sound practical for 4 full sized adults.

So back to differential talk with you two... the Polaris 4wd in the rangers & general's isn't quite bullet proof, especially older models (some threads say 19s have it figured out, but plenty of threads with 16,17,18's having issues)

but these models with turf mode, grenade their rear ends basically best i can understand it. and it's not from using or not using turf mode, it's from the solenoid that controls the turf mode going AWOL and grenading the entire thing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...KEwjQrbeS7ZffAhUOtIMKHfkCAjUQrQIoBDAJegQIBxAL

then it's like a 4k fix because it comes packaged with the trans best i can tell.

like i said, supposedly 19's have a "fix" and here's to hoping they do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info