Yaj yak SXS hunt thread

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] what do they ding you for rental?

https://www.tracksideinc.com/utv-rentals

I highly recommend renting something if you are seriously thinking about buying. Most dealers might let you take something for a circle around the parking lot before you buy it. Its nice to take it into the woods and experience a real test ride even if you are paying for it. Eastern Villas County has a great ATV system and Eagle River is a good starting point. From there you can head over to Phelps, Canover, and up into the UP through Land O' Lakes. You can experience most of all terrain from twisty narrow trails through the woods, to gravel forest roads, to paved 55 mph county highways with traffic.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
There are so many trail options in Northern WI that I have never been on. I need to do a ride like this. How many miles did you put on?

I wish the ATV infrastructure was as big as snowmobile in Northern Wisconsin. If you want actual trails your selection is limited since most snowmobile trail systems do not allow ATV use in the summer time. I know trails don't open and maintain themselves but ATV's can bring in alot of money to the area. Good news is in the past few years alot of the roads have been open up to ATV use and thats a step in the right direction. Like I said in the last post eastern villas county put in alot of effort into their ATV trail system and it shows. Forest County as well as Lincoln County have good trail systems. Rhinelander has two ATV clubs that maintain a small network of trails and alot of road routes. I hear good stuff about the Tamahawk area also but haven't summer rode over there. Not really any network at all around St. Germain, Woodruff, and Minocqua. I've also rode in the Mercer, Ironwood and Keweenaw areas.

The ride from Eagle River to Bond Falls was maybe 125 miles? It can take up the whole day/rental period if you make a lunch stop and take your time. I am always down to BRAAAP with bros so whenever you want to ride holler at a PANDA.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I wish the ATV infrastructure was as big as snowmobile in Northern Wisconsin. If you want actual trails your selection is limited since most snowmobile trail systems do not allow ATV use in the summer time. I know trails don't open and maintain themselves but ATV's can bring in alot of money to the area. Good news is in the past few years alot of the roads have been open up to ATV use and thats a step in the right direction. Like I said in the last post eastern villas county put in alot of effort into their ATV trail system and it shows. Forest County as well as Lincoln County have good trail systems. Rhinelander has two ATV clubs that maintain a small network of trails and alot of road routes. I hear good stuff about the Tamahawk area also but haven't summer rode over there. Not really any network at all around St. Germain, Woodruff, and Minocqua. I've also rode in the Mercer, Ironwood and Keweenaw areas.

The ride from Eagle River to Bond Falls was maybe 125 miles? It can take up the whole day if you make a lunch stop and take your time. I am always down to BRAAAP with bros so whenever you want to ride holler at a PANDA.

One of the dealers I was at Saturday actually said there are 12,000 miles of atv/utv trails in wisco at this point- it just matters on the time of year, like you touched on.

There are some that are SXS friendly in the winter, but not many.

He had a REALLY comprehensive map book that I need to find if I buy a new one.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

The ride from Eagle River to Bond Falls was maybe 125 miles? It can take up the whole day/rental period if you make a lunch stop and take your time. I am always down to BRAAAP with bros so whenever you want to ride holler at a PANDA.

Every year they add more and more routes and trails. Wisconsin over the last decade has been really trying to become the ATV trail capital of the country. Not an easy task when compared to West VA. A perfect example of the expansion is Black River Falls. Last time I was there was like 2009 and now it has twice as many miles of trails that all connect somehow.

I am down for a few weekend rides for sure. I saw you post up riding a Sportsman quite a bit. Is that a rental or do you someone that owns it?

be sweet to drive to janesville and rip the day and come home.

Not quite as close as Jainsville but Monroe has a decently long system. I went there twice last year and still haven't made it to the end of 2 of the trails. It's more than enough trail for a full day ride and only about 1.5 hours from my house. Also Kettle Moraine has a system but it's only open in the winter.

I was gunna say, the northwest corner of WI is a massive system. Sawyer Co is awesome, but the east corner just needs to start building out more as the sport gets bigger.
Let's ride you plebeian.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info