WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Holy shit that looks great. Not quite sure mine will look that great :rofl:

But......

It did show up today!

And it was in one piece! It already passed the first test too, it fits in my computer desk! In fact its actually a little shorter than my current case, and not as deep either.

cE0ZZGg.jpg

Looking at how the motherboard is going to sit, I have serious doubts about top mounting the water cooler....BUT, it looks like the radiator can be mounted farther out to the edge of this case then was possible in my current case, so that may just give me the clearance I need for a top mount.

T6Rcivm.jpg

Already have a mess of wires to deal with and I haven't even put anything in it yet!!!!!! :picard:

zjL3tmx.jpg

There's the infamous 3rd fan bracket I read about thats blocking the 5.25 bay. Its only held in by 4 TINY little tabs tho. Nothing a dremel wont make short work of. Hell I could probably grab some pliers and just twist it out.

9IHtXj6.jpg

I am excite. Not even gonna attempt to tackle this until this weekend, cuz I already know its going to take me hours :rofl:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Today is the day. Assuming I get this get bitch mounted up top, what's the best orientation for the fans? The front fans are pulling air in and the rear fan is exhausting it out so I kinda feel like the radiator fans should be pulling air in from the top thru the radiator.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Doesn't really say that on mine. Just says "For the best cooling performance, we recommend mounting the fans as an air intake to your pc case". But since I'm most likely going to have to front mount, I'll make them intake fans and then exhaust thru the top and rear of the case.

Got everything dismantled from my old case. God it was painful taking all the wiring out I'd spent so much time organizing :rofl: now I need to remove that fan bracket that's blocking my 5.25 bay and then I can go to work on the new case.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
full tower or bust

I love my Corsair 380T. Its small but big enough to handle full size components. Easy as hell to move around, and easily portable. If I wanted I could do a 240mm AIO easily, though I'd probably just limit myself to a air cooler because I like the simplicity of them. Also, this case has great airflow as the sides are completely ventilated.

The GFX card pulls in fresh air from the side vent, the front and rear fans have no obstructions so air easily passes through. It never gets hot in the case.

20474626803_58ca195e33_o.jpg

20907803828_4bb75ea71f_o.jpg

21230643235_c4cf08c501_o.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Doesn't really say that on mine. Just says "For the best cooling performance, we recommend mounting the fans as an air intake to your pc case". But since I'm most likely going to have to front mount, I'll make them intake fans and then exhaust thru the top and rear of the case.

Got everything dismantled from my old case. God it was painful taking all the wiring out I'd spent so much time organizing :rofl: now I need to remove that fan bracket that's blocking my 5.25 bay and then I can go to work on the new case.

If its a front mount setup use the radiator as an intake and pressurize the case. As long as you have a front to back airflow to avoid saturating the inside with heat it will work better.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
You don’t want to be blowing hot radiator air into the case though.

Yes and no.

Since its front mount, using it as exhaust will create several dead spots inside the case where there is no good airflow.

Using it as intake will pressurize the case and force air to move from the front of the case, and exit the back.

You could reverse the airflow in the case though and intake air from the back of the case, and exhaust it through the front if you want.

Dead spots are what kill internal temps.

You want a positive case pressure with a single airflow direction.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah I was told negative pressure above all was what mattered. I had 2x 120mm in the front, 2x 120mm on the bottom just in front of the PSU, the 240mm from the H100 up top in push pull, and a 140mm blowing out the back. Apparently I had too many intake for how much was being evacuated and it showed. I didn’t have a ton of heat problems but the dust showed the dead spots pretty quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info