WTB - Gaming PC

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
As far as....how much room I have for my case to sit? My current one sits about 18" tall w/ the feet on it, which i keep on since the air intake for the power supply is on the bottom of the case. I have room for maaayybe 18.5" MAX height.

As for the cooler it probably wouldve worked if my motherboard was about a half inch lower....but then it would run into my power supply.
https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIAGAH8EJ7368?Keyword=PH-ES515PTG_BK
11-854-042-V01.jpg

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16811352084
11-352-084-V01.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
After looking at probably hundreds of cases, over the last couple days, I think I finally found one that has everything I want/need. :rofl:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HP7FK7M/?tag=tcg21-20

Tempered glass side, rgb lighting that doesnt break the bank (because why not), built for water cooling, 5.25 bay, covered power supply for cleaner look, and as long as the dimensions are accurate, shouldn't be too tall to fit into my computer desk. (that was the biggest PITA) Not sure how cable management will be, but doesn't look it would be too horrible. Only thing is from the couple reviews I could actually find on this thing, it seems that even tho this is advertised as having a 5.25 bay, it has a bracket going across it for a 3rd fan mount, and it sounds like that will have to be cut out in order to get a 5.25 drive in there.

The biggest thing is there's mounting options for a 240mm radiator on top or in front, so hopefully I can utilize one of those positions w/out interfering w/ the 5.25 drive or anything else.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well I was SUPPOSED to get my case today. But it shipped from texas.....via USPS......and now its delayed and Amazon is saying the "expected" delivery is sometime between "tomorrow, and whenever the fuck it shows up". Cant wait to see how many pieces my tempered glass side is in when/if it finally shows up.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Whoa wait that's the case I have.

I think?

But only one pane.

Edit: Mine's the full tower so I think it's different. But what do you do with excess cable? Trim? My issues even in the biggest cases have been all the excess wiring esp from the PSU. I've always just shoved it conveniently on that side where the second pane would be.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Whoa wait that's the case I have.

I think?

But only one pane.

Edit: Mine's the full tower so I think it's different. But what do you do with excess cable? Trim? My issues even in the biggest cases have been all the excess wiring esp from the PSU. I've always just shoved it conveniently on that side where the second pane would be.
I cut down a bunch, rerouted as clean as possible and hid what I could.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Wow very nice. How long would you say cable management alone took you in this build?
I’m still fucking with it. I probably took an entire day initially to build it and a few hours here and there since then. Sleeving stuff is something I’m still working on, it’s not quite as easy as people make it seem. There’s also a few on the top panel that you can’t see. You can see where there still some sloppy stuff that I’m working on (need to order a few cables too). It’s all kind of on the back burner for now while I do other stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info