šŸ„ Health Workout chat

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Brisk 10k yesterday. Then a chill recovery run today .Trying to keep my mental health going !!!!

73666088-D853-432F-9428-A1846DB2147E.jpeg

817039DD-829E-4333-932C-046849AF8688.jpeg

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
If the gyms are down for 4+ weeks i'm going to lose my shit. The only fitness-related item available to deliver this week on amazon was an ab wheel.

4+ weeks with just an ab wheel, jogging in this mf'in cold (which I HATE), and doing pushups is not going to cut it.

Gonna have to give the resistance bands a try. It is killing me not having some heavy ass weight to toss around...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
My back is hosed and my MRI to figure out what is going on is indefinitely postponed. Doing my best to stay mobile. Walking at least 3mi / day and doing my best to do workouts in the basement which are easy enough on my back. I've been down to 228 since I've been home since 3/12. Hovering at 230 again today.

I feel like I could probably get down to 225 while on Covid work from home duty just by keeping portions down, walking, and light workouts. Hopefully, my back loosens up and I can get back to running here again soon.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
My back is hosed and my MRI to figure out what is going on is indefinitely postponed. Doing my best to stay mobile. Walking at least 3mi / day and doing my best to do workouts in the basement which are easy enough on my back. I've been down to 228 since I've been home since 3/12. Hovering at 230 again today.

I feel like I could probably get down to 225 while on Covid work from home duty just by keeping portions down, walking, and light workouts. Hopefully, my back loosens up and I can get back to running here again soon.

a12o0v0esko41.jpg

i do need a fitbit challenger, if you've got one.

i wrote some threads on using it and it easing me in to the step bets and diet bets as well.

currently my gym is closed due to thai government and most hotels here have nothing or an even more sad one than your typical sad gym. trying to get into one now, the free weights total is like 60 lbs though lol. and they have a crazy all in one pulley machine with like 30 wheels on it. but it's the cheapest not body wait thing i think i can get access to and i'm a lazy shit about doing body weight anything.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Been "killing" it with my BowFlex and bike trainers in the basement. Riding and lifting every day. Been doing core in between each lift set to keep my heart rate up. Yesterday I decided to do push-ups instead between sets. I ended up doing 110 (not all at once). Broke up into sets of 10. I'm sore as a mother fucker today. I ride for 30 minutes this morning. This afternoon I want to go for a run then come back to lift.
Also been closing all 3 rings on my iWatch for a week straight now.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I worked on back Monday in my basement pretty much using dumbells for the whole workout with the exception of doing DL.
I have the Bowflex dumbells that only go up to 52.5lbs. I googled back workout with dumbells so a lot of what I did was new to me.
Holy shit was I sore yesterday, subsiding a bit today. Going out for a 3 mile run/walk deal later today.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Iā€™ve also been lazy. I went from leg injury to sick for a month to quarantine. Basically been off or 2x a week for 2-3 months now. Lost about 8lbs.

ive been working out the days I work at my little gym Iā€™ve got set up. Just no weights so itā€™s a bit tough to get creative. Iā€™ve got a TRX, solid pull up bar I mounted on the concrete wall, some bands, jump rope and a 35lbs kettle bell.

think I may order some shit to have at home.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Iā€™ve also been lazy. I went from leg injury to sick for a month to quarantine. Basically been off or 2x a week for 2-3 months now. Lost about 8lbs.

ive been working out the days I work at my little gym Iā€™ve got set up. Just no weights so itā€™s a bit tough to get creative. Iā€™ve got a TRX, solid pull up bar I mounted on the concrete wall, some bands, jump rope and a 35lbs kettle bell.

think I may order some shit to have at home.
The fucking prices on Offerup and CL right now because of the gyms being closed are all rape prices. I have been seeing the Bowflex dumbells I have (5lbs-52lb) going for like $700 on the low end. I bought mine for like $200ish 4 months ago. I'm lucky enough to have a power rack with probably close to 500lbs in plates. I picked that up like 6 months ago for a steal as well on Offerup.

35FD6682-C6A7-4008-9C64-B4CF26BD8B93.jpeg

Reactions: LikeABauce302

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I've been struggling to keep active too. I've been working from home since March 16th. Haven't been to the gym in over 3 weeks now and I've been struggling to exercise at home, other than doing 60 - 100 pushups a day. As weather gets a little warmer I'm going to force myself to go running, which I hate lol. Prior to everything shutting down, I was playing men's league hockey 1-2 times a week and then hitting the elliptical at the gym 1-2 times per week, after lifting.

So far my weight has been consistent while on self quarantine. I haven't been eating as much and have been good about keeping alcohol intake minimal.

Thread Info