Movie Wonder Woman 1984

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Saw it, and haven't really read/listened to any of the reviews linked here or in general.

Its not good. I'm not talking about "not good in comparison to the 1st" but rather just not good.

Aquaman was better.

This is on the level of the other DCU movies, aka not good.

Really not sure how they could screw this movie up so badly when the first knocked it out of the park.

And yes, from the one comment in this thread, they didn't even TOUCH on the music from the original movie. Almost no carry-over which is a shame because the original movie had a great score.

Reactions: sickmint79

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Since the comment about WW1984 has had me listening to the WW2017 Score, after I finished that I went into the WW2009 animated movies score.

"The Battle / Origins" is a stunning arrangement by Christopher Drake. He also did the score for Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and that's a great score as well.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Patty Jenkins shit the bed all on her own with the sequel.

"All of which brings us to Wonder Woman 1984, a so-so affair that, while entertaining enough for hardcore fans, seems to have fallen into the typical superhero sequel trap that previously affected Marvel’s Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World. Here is a movie where Jenkins clearly had full creative control following its predecessor’s impressive box office take and almost universal critical acclaim. So why has it left such a sense of “meh?”"

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
My wife and I watched this last night. She enjoyed it because it was not like a typical Marvel superhero movie.

I thought it was blah. The whole make a wish thing was just blah. Seemed cheesy. I did find the character Barbara at the end of the movie to be pretty damn creepy though. They did an excellent job at that.

Of course we both liked Lynda Carter at the end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info