Movie Wonder Woman 1984

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
OK so I won't be in any rush.
I wouldn’t, unless you’re in a rush to see Kristen Wiig in a skin tight cheetah suit.

I hard a hard time keeping my attention to the movie, just wasn’t getting vested in it. The first one was definitely better.

You can tell where some of the film ended up on the cutting room floor, as the plot makes some weird leaps, and is somewhat predictable.

If you were to watch it in the theater and had to get up to pee, or reload your poppycorn with extra butter you wouldn’t miss much.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So I watched it via ATV 4K and enabled HDR. Image quality seemed to be good (much better than Mandalorian), but the audio was driving me nuts. It was the Dolby Atmos stream and the changes in volume were a pain. Had to turn things up for dialogue only, and then back down for action.

Even did the full Audessey calibration first and tried auto volume adjustment.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
That made absolutely no sense as well :LOL: I was like when did I start watching Cats?

Its the version of Cheetah isn’t it?

I thought the Minerva version of that character in the comics ends up becoming more primal like that and taking on the Cheetah characteristics?

I really think they should have axed Max Lord from the movie and done more to develop Cheetah and just made her the main villain since she is one of the biggest WW villains in the comics.

Id like to see Circe or Dr. Psycho in the third movie for sure, but they need to find a way to make it more like the first one, the second one seemed like a disjointed mess too often.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I love me some Gal Gadot too, but she looks stupid when she runs.. I don’t know if it’s something they did with editing to try to make her look faster but it just didn’t look right at all to me? :dunno:

I know a few WW fans that said their favorite part of the movie was the scene in the credits, which doesn’t say great things about the movie itself. :bowrofl:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Its the version of Cheetah isn’t it?

I thought the Minerva version of that character in the comics ends up becoming more primal like that and taking on the Cheetah characteristics?

I really think they should have axed Max Lord from the movie and done more to develop Cheetah and just made her the main villain since she is one of the biggest WW villains in the comics.

Id like to see Circe or Dr. Psycho in the third movie for sure, but they need to find a way to make it more like the first one, the second one seemed like a disjointed mess too often.

Yeah I don't know wonder woman stuff so i had to look it up and figure out who she was supposed to be.

Reactions: FESTER665

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
jesus christ why do they make this shit so confusing. I get hbo max thru hulu, but apparently you cant WATCH WW84 on hbo max thru hulu, because hulu doesn't get everything that the standalone HBO Max gets, so I have to I have to load the hbo max app on something else and sign in thru that just to watch a damn movie that doesn't sound like its all that impressive. But here we are. Im doing this. Already pissed off now so this should be an experience.

same boat on amazon prime video. also browsing stuff sucks, you can't like sort by new releases or anything useful.

Reactions: BS ISF

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
This movie was an olympic sized swimming pool filled with a flaming trash that Gal Gadot is magically able to swim around in.

Why did the nukes disappear at the end? I understand the ones the president wished for disappearing, but what about the ones they already had and launched? And what about the Russian's nukes? They didn't wish for them. Those nukes should not have disappeared. And why, after relinquishing his wish, did the US government chopper give Lord a ride back to D.C. to be with his son. They no longer had to do what he wanted. You expect me to believe that the transmission site was still operational after the fight between WW and Cheetah? How the hell did Lord fend off WW's attacks in the transmission site? I understand he can take things from people who make wishes. So are you telling me Storm from the X-Men made a wish and in exchange he got her powers and was able to just blow WW's attacks away? And more...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info