Why Pontiac?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
but you do have time to bitch about evvvvverything under the sun.

heres the denali since your time didn't allow you to find it.

http://www.gmc.com/sierra/denali/index.jsp

idk why they list that like its a completely different truck. I just compared 1500 GMC with 1500 Chevy. I believe with GMC you are paying for the name. You can get each truck with probably the exact same things and the Chevy will be less.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my only problem was you are comparing the 40k denali to the silverado that has nothing of that "level" I guess you could call it :wavey:

denali for 53k
http://www.garylangdomestic.com/inventory/details.aspx?id=90576&s=n&d=GMC&m=Sierra&y=2009

silverado for 48k

http://www.garylangdomestic.com/inventory/details.aspx?id=C90380&s=n&d=Chevrolet&m=Silverado&y=2009

only difference is going to be 5.3 vs 6.2...

332 hp/340tq itsybitsy motor vs 403hp/417tq monster.

idk why they list that like its a completely different truck. I just compared 1500 GMC with 1500 Chevy. I believe with GMC you are paying for the name. You can get each truck with probably the exact same things and the Chevy will be less.

you are wrong. give up.

i just showed where gmc's are not more expensive.

i have shown you 10 times. go find something else to complain about.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
denali for 53k
http://www.garylangdomestic.com/inventory/details.aspx?id=90576&s=n&d=GMC&m=Sierra&y=2009

silverado for 48k

http://www.garylangdomestic.com/inventory/details.aspx?id=C90380&s=n&d=Chevrolet&m=Silverado&y=2009

only difference is going to be 5.3 vs 6.2...

332 hp/340tq itsybitsy motor vs 403hp/417tq monster.

you are wrong. give up.

i just showed where gmc's are not more expensive.

i have shown you 10 times. go find something else to complain about.

So you are paying $5K more for a better motor? :picard:

15r1i0m.jpg

These are all crew cabs, 4X4's, with the 6.2 V8, as you can see the options total out to the same thing. Denali is stock with 6.2 V8

GMC's cost more. :s00ls:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So you are paying $5K more for a better motor? :picard:

15r1i0m.jpg

These are all crew cabs, 4X4's, with the 6.2 V8, as you can see the options total out to the same thing. Denali is stock with 6.2 V8

GMC's cost more. :s00ls:

u are fucking retarded.

and yes, you are paying 5k more for a better motor, along with the exterior accents, and nicer wheels and tires, and id like to assume a nicer sound system.

you just proved yourself wrong. remember when you said a similar gmc is 6500$ more than its chevy counterpart. YOU JUST SHOWED that it is merely 500$!!!!

so yes, the gmc's are more expensive, but not the 10k or 6500 bucks you said earlier more expensive...

you also just showed that right there... the denali is only 2400$ more... not 5k. i didnt even notice that...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
u are fucking retarded.

and yes, you are paying 5k more for a better motor, along with the exterior accents, and nicer wheels and tires, and id like to assume a nicer sound system.

you just proved yourself wrong. remember when you said a similar gmc is 6500$ more than its chevy counterpart. YOU JUST SHOWED that it is merely 500$!!!!

so yes, the gmc's are more expensive, but not the 10k or 6500 bucks you said earlier more expensive...

you also just showed that right there... the denali is only 2400$ more... not 5k. i didnt even notice that...

You see I don't think the extra 5K is worth it for a better motor, and exterior differences. Some may think the Chevy looks better stock, this is a opinion. According to the website the Denali is $2400 more than the 1500, even though both have a crewcab, 4X4 and the 6.2. Not sure about the small differences but are they worth it?

The $6500 came from the $44995 MSRP starting price on GMC's website for a top of the line 1500 and the $38505 MSRP starting price on Chevys website for top of the line 1500. Now that I configured these trucks option for option they are not that much different in price but the GMC still costs more.

Only on TCG will someone get flamed for posting a opinion about something. I honestly think the Chevy and GMC trucks are so similar that two different brands arnt necessary especially since one seemly costs more than the other for pretty much the same truck.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you gotta be kidding me

Yes as stated in original post.

"GMC is nothing but a expensive rebadged Chevy to me. You can probably buy any car they have in Chevy form. This does not make sence either, why have two brands with exactly the same cars? Hell they even look the same. SUV sales have hit rock bottom is is really good to have brand that sells pretty much all SUV's?"

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You see I don't think the extra 5K is worth it for a better motor, and exterior differences. Some may think the Chevy looks better stock, this is a opinion. According to the website the Denali is $2400 more than the 1500, even though both have a crewcab, 4X4 and the 6.2. Not sure about the small differences but are they worth it?

The $6500 came from the $44995 MSRP starting price on GMC's website for a top of the line 1500 and the $38505 MSRP starting price on Chevys website for top of the line 1500. Now that I configured these trucks option for option they are not that much different in price but the GMC still costs more.

Only on TCG will someone get flamed for posting a opinion about something. I honestly think the Chevy and GMC trucks are so similar that two different brands arnt necessary especially since one seemly costs more than the other for pretty much the same truck.

You are still talking out of your ass.

I've shown you repeatedly where you are wrong.

I'm done with this.

My opinion is what started this debate. Is it not?

I think he was moreover attributing to the fact that you are complaining about something you do all too often.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
the reason they arent getting rid of GMC is because regardless of sales, they have a really high profit margin... all the engineering for the truck is done, it costs the same to stamp out a different shape fender and quarter panel than a chevy, just like it costs the same to stamp out a different shape interior panel.... obviously the materials are a little better and a little more leather used, but its nowhere near the premium the customer pays in the end. As far as the motor goes, do you really think the 6.2 costs much more to produce than the 5.3? hell no! its just some different machining to the same slug that gets poured at some factory. they obviously make good money with the luxary SUV and pick-em-up so let it slide.
Buicks sell like hotcakes , but i agree with whoever said earlier that they are getting too complicated... they need a "budget" buick because honestly 90% of old people dont want bells and whistles, they want 60 series 15" tires and no shocks so it rides on a cloud....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

With this logic, Z06s and ZR1s are not worth it. Buy a base Vette. Check.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
the reason they arent getting rid of GMC is because regardless of sales, they have a really high profit margin... all the engineering for the truck is done, it costs the same to stamp out a different shape fender and quarter panel than a chevy, just like it costs the same to stamp out a different shape interior panel.... obviously the materials are a little better and a little more leather used, but its nowhere near the premium the customer pays in the end. As far as the motor goes, do you really think the 6.2 costs much more to produce than the 5.3? hell no! its just some different machining to the same slug that gets poured at some factory. they obviously make good money with the luxary SUV and pick-em-up so let it slide.
Buicks sell like hotcakes , but i agree with whoever said earlier that they are getting too complicated... they need a "budget" buick because honestly 90% of old people dont want bells and whistles, they want 60 series 15" tires and no shocks so it rides on a cloud....

This is exactly what im saying the GMC is the same as a Chevy but costs more. I just did a comparison of cost between the 1500 gmc, 1500 chevy, and Denali, Im not sure what the price difference between the other models are I assume also slightly higher. Why make two of the same thing? Where did you hear they use better materials? If that is the case the increased price can be justified some what We don't know exactly what GM is doing now. They could have GMC make all the trucks, and Chevy make cars. That would be a good idea. No similar cars/trucks, and since GMC sells better maybe they can make money. But what really puzzles me if how much badge engineering GM uses with all these cars that are very much the same, and they cant sell.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
With this logic, Z06s and ZR1s are not worth it. Buy a base Vette. Check.

I never said they were worth buying. I can buy a base vette and mod to the same level for less. Hell even putting a nitrous kit on a base vette will put you right up near the Z06 in terms of 1/4 mile speed. Its what you want to spend your money on. One could also say the base vette and Z06/ZR1 are completely different cars, which they are. The trucks in question are pretty much exactly the same but one has a better motor, and a few tiny differences. You gotta think if this motor justifies the cost. Like stinkstar said, it shouldn't cost GM that much more money to build a bigger/better motor. Idk im all about value and finding deals, my opinion about this might be different that other peoples.

KJ, my views remain the same for the regal/GN. You could buy the lower model. It is just as good? Probably not. Its what you want to spend money on.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I never said they were worth buying. I can buy a base vette and mod to the same level for less. Hell even putting a nitrous kit on a base vette will put you right up near the Z06 in terms of 1/4 mile speed. Its what you want to spend your money on. One could also say the base vette and Z06/ZR1 are completely different cars, which they are.

Like hell they are. They are all called a Chevy Corvette. All of them have the Corvette name. They all have the same bodystyle. However, the bodycladding and engine is different. This is the same argument you are having with KJ over trucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info