08_Chevrolet_Silverado_02.jpg

2006_GMC_Sierra1500_ext_1.jpg

is better than...

Chevrolet-Silverado_2004_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg

6150_211297196947735688afa1a.jpg

is better than...

1971cheyennepkup102205.jpg

i could go all day.

This is your opinion. I could put a chrome grill, chrome door handles and some nicer wheels on a chevy pick up and save $10,000 over the GMC. I think the differences between the brands arnt worth the extra money.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
You all need to look at the bigger picture. GM needs to restructure in order to remain competative in the global market. They had/have way too many brands; by consolidating and realigning models they can take advantage of a better position on the diminishing returns curve and actually become profitable again.

I see the G8 becomming a Buick model and all commercial trucks becomming GMC with all 1 ton and smaller being Chevrolet...or possibly all trucks becoming GMC. Basically, Cadillac will be the luxury brand, Buick the mid-market brand, Chevrolet the base brand and GMC the full line truck brand. By streamlining their brands they should reimerge as a leaner, stronger competitor in the global market.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This is your opinion. I could put a chrome grill, chrome door handles and some nicer wheels on a chevy pick up and save $10,000 over the GMC. I think the differences between the brands arnt worth the extra money.

do you buy trucks?

how many trucks are in your house hold?

and 10k?

gtfo if you seriously think theres a 10k difference...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You all need to look at the bigger picture. GM needs to restructure in order to remain competative in the global market. They had/have way too many brands; by consolidating and realigning models they can take advantage of a better position on the diminishing returns curve and actually become profitable again.

I see the G8 becomming a Buick model and all commercial trucks becomming GMC with all 1 ton and smaller being Chevrolet...or possibly all trucks becoming GMC. Basically, Cadillac will be the luxury brand, Buick the mid-market brand, Chevrolet the base brand and GMC the full line truck brand. By streamlining their brands they should reimerge as a leaner, stronger competitor in the global market.

I hope I was not included in the group missing the bigger picture, but I agree with what you said here, completely.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt

agreeeeeed. My take on the brands is the exact same as yours!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
do you buy trucks?

how many trucks are in your house hold?

and 10k?

gtfo if you seriously think theres a 10k difference...

I don't buy trucks, not my thing.

One truck in household. Useless to own more if you arnt going to use them for what they are designed for.

Sorry maybe that was a exaggeration but there is a $6500 difference in MSRP between the top of the line 1500 Silverado and top of the line 1500 Sierra.

Like I said, to me the small differences between the brands isnt worth the money.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yeah because the top of the line sierra is much better than silverado...

id be willing to drive the sierra denali over a silverado ltz any day.

that sierra has a better engine, which in itself, equates to its extra cost...

you are talking out your ass here...

we have 3 trucks in my house hold, and i am shopping for a 4th...

what truck you got?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
yeah because the top of the line sierra is much better than silverado...

id be willing to drive the sierra denali over a silverado ltz any day.

that sierra has a better engine, which in itself, equates to its extra cost...

you are talking out your ass here...

we have 3 trucks in my house hold, and i am shopping for a 4th...

what truck you got?

According to the websites both 1500's are available with same motors, and the LTZ and SLT both come standard with the 5.3 Vortec :dunno:

All im saying is you can probably configure the same trucks with the same stuff and the GMC would be thousands more. Not worth the money in my book.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Pontiac killing the names really did them in. Who knows WTF a G5 is?? Everyone knows Sunfire. So on and so forth. Nothing "exciting" has come from Pontiac as of late sans 2 cars. At the turn of the century, you had the redesigned Grand Prix kicking Ford Toreass all over the place, The redesigned Grand Am, updated Firebird, redesigned Bonne. That is where Pontiac was golden IMO.
1994_pontiac_bonneville_ssei%20007.jpg

2000bonnevillessei1.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
According to the websites both 1500's are available with same motors, and the LTZ and SLT both come standard with the 5.3 Vortec :dunno:

All im saying is you can probably configure the same trucks with the same stuff and the GMC would be thousands more. Not worth the money in my book.

denali.

6.2L 403hp

silverado ltz

can't get a 6.2 in a chevy.

and seriously.

show me a chevy and gmc that are the same... and where the gmc is thousands more.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Sierra 1500:

$20,350 - $44,995*

We examined everything and overlooked nothing.

ENGINE:

VORTEC 4.3L V6
(EPA Estimated MPG:
15 city/20 hwy 2WD;
14 city/18 hwy 4WD)

VORTEC 4.8L V8
(EPA Estimated MPG:
14 city/19 hwy 2WD;
14 city/18 hwy 4WD)

VORTEC 5.3L V8 with XFE
(EPA Estimated MPG:
15 city/21 hwy 2WD;
15 city/21 hwy 4WD)

VORTEC 5.3L V8
(EPA Estimated MPG:
14 city/20 hwy 2WD;
14 city/20 hwy 4WD)

VORTEC 6.0L V8
(EPA Estimated MPG:
14 city/19 hwy 2WD;
13 city/18 hwy 4WD)

VORTEC 6.2L V8
(EPA Estimated MPG:
13 city/19 hwy 2WD;
12 city/19 hwy 4WD)

Silverado 1500:

Vortec 4.3L V6 MFI Engine, Vortec 4.3L V6 MFI (195 hp @ 4600 rpm, 260 lb-ft of torque @ 2800 rpm)

Vortec 4.8L V8 SFI Engine, Vortec 4.8L V8 SFI, iron block (295 hp @ 5600 rpm, 305 lb-ft torque @ 4600 rpm)

Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI Engine with Active Fuel Management, Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI, iron block, with Active Fuel Management (315 hp @ 5200 rpm, 338 lb-ft of torque @ 4400 rpm)

Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI Engine with FlexFuel, Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI, FlexFuel, iron block, capable of running on unleaded or up to 85% ethanol, (315 hp @ 5200 rpm, 338 lb-ft of torque @ 4400 rpm), with Active Fuel Management.

From their respective websites......

Don't compare the Denali to the silverados though, cause they don't have a trim level like that.......and the 6.2 is a bunch more money than the 5.3

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

denali.

6.2L 403hp

silverado ltz

can't get a 6.2 in a chevy.

and seriously.

show me a chevy and gmc that are the same... and where the gmc is thousands more.

I see no mention of a 1500 Denali on the GMC site. I just quicky compared the available engines and what come standard on the LTZ and SLT trucks.

http://www.chevrolet.com/m/06/quickfacts/09_Silverado_combined.pdf
http://www.gmc.com/sierra/1500/specsStandard.jsp
Like I said seems you can get the exact same engines with both brands

I don't have time to post comparisons.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park

the chevy:
INTERIOR
- Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench, 3-passenger, driver and front passenger manual reclining, center fold-down armrest with storage, lockable storage compartment in seat cushion (includes auxiliary power outlet), adjustable outboard head restraints and storage pockets on Extended and Crew Cab models
- Air conditioning, single-zone manual front climate control
- Seat trim, Premium Cloth
- Seat adjuster, manual lumbar control on the driver-side
- Seat, rear 60/40 folding bench (folds up), 3-passenger, folding (includes child seat top tether anchor) (Requires Extended or Crew Cab Models.)
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting with rubberized vinyl floor mats (Extended and Crew Cab models also include rear floor mats) (May be substituted with (BG9) Black rubberized vinyl floor covering.)
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, adjustable with brake/transmission shift interlock
- Steering wheel, includes theft-deterrent locking feature
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with theft-deterrent locking feature
- Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, tachometer, voltmeter and oil pressure indicators
- Driver Information Center with odometer, trip odometer and message center (monitors numerous systems depending on vehicle equipment level including low fuel, turn signal inonin, transmission temperature and oil change notification) (Driver Information Center controls are operated through the trip odometer button unless (UK3) steering wheel mounted audio controls is ordered. On 1LT and 1LZ, includes 8-point compass and outside temperature.)
- Warning tones, headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and passenger buckle up reminder and turn signal on
- Windows, power with driver Express-Down (Includes front passenger Express-down when (PDD) Exterior Plus Package is ordered.)
- Door locks, power, includes Remote Keyless Entry
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed, located on steering wheel
- Remote vehicle starter prep package, includes Remote Keyless Entry (To enable remote start capability, new key fobs and vehicle reprogramming are required. Please see dealer for details. Remote Keyless Entry does not lock/unlock tailgate when (PDD) Exterior Plus Package is ordered.)
- Cup holders, front (Also includes rear cupholders on Extended and Crew Cab models)
- Power outlets, 2 auxiliary instrument panel-mounted with covers, 12-volt
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Visors, driver and front passenger, sliding with clip and illuminated vanity mirror on driver and passenger-side, Opal Gray-colored
- Assist handle, front passenger (Also includes rear assist handles in the headliner on Extended and Crew Cab models)
- Lighting, interior with dome and reading lights, illuminated entry feature and backlit instrument panel switches
- Coat hooks, rear driver and passenger side

the GMC:

INTERIOR
- Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench, 3-passenger, driver and front passenger manual reclining, center fold-down armrest with storage, lockable storage compartment in seat cushion (includes auxiliary power outlet), adjustable outboard head restraints and storage pockets on Extended and Crew Cab models
- Air conditioning, single-zone manual front climate control (Upgradeable to (CJ2) dual-zone automatic air conditioning on Extended and Crew Cab models.)
- Seat adjuster, manual lumbar control on the driver-side
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with theft-deterrent locking feature
- Door locks, power, includes Remote Keyless Entry
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed, located on steering wheel
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting with rubberized vinyl floor mats (Extended and Crew Cab models also include rear floor mats) (May be substituted with (BG9) Black rubberized vinyl floor covering.)
- Seat, rear 60/40 folding bench (folds up), 3-passenger, folding (includes child seat top tether anchor) (Requires Extended or Crew Cab Models.)
- Seat trim, Premium Cloth
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, adjustable with brake/transmission shift interlock
- Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, tachometer, voltmeter and oil pressure indicators

so the optioned Chevy is more than the base GMC

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the chevy:

the GMC:

so the optioned Chevy is more than the base GMC

they mention more on the chevy... the gmc has those things standard...

seriously

the chevy lists "cupholders" and this:

Warning tones, headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and passenger buckle up reminder and turn signal on

seriously...

any running car since 1970 has that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info