Why did Metallica's LOAD get so much hate?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I remember seeing something where he never really felt like he was part of the band. The rest of the guys were hard on him because they never got over the death of Cliff. Too bad, dude's a good bassist.

They definitely have a lot of skeletons in their closet and I don't think we'll ever know the TRUE reason why Newsted left or how he felt. Lars spins it to make Newsted the dick head, Newsted spins it to make Lars the asshole (well, there's no spinning there but you get my idea), I know in the VH1 documentary Hammett took Cliff's death really fucking hard and both him and James truly never got over it.

IMO, of course.

They definitely have a lot of skeletons in their closet and I don't think we'll ever know the TRUE reason why Newsted left or how he felt. Lars spins it to make Newsted the dick head, Newsted spins it to make Lars the asshole (well, there's no spinning there but you get my idea), I know in the VH1 documentary Hammett took Cliff's death really fucking hard and both him and James truly never got over it.

IMO, of course.

Agreed.

James has said that they were hard on Newsted especially in the beginning but apparently they're cool now. I understand them taking the death of their friend and band mate hard but whoever were chosen to be the next bass player would have went thru the same shit as Newsted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info