Food / Drink Whiskey drinkers unite!

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Thanks for tip. You might be right. I'm having a little taster of this jameson now, and wow. The orange flavor is definitely front and center. Wasn't expecting it to be THIS orangey. I still might give it a shot tho :ROFLMAO:

You don't use egg white in yours do you?? I've seen recipes with and without. If I gotta crack to egg to make a drink, that's just gettin a little a too much for me :ROFLMAO:
I do occasionally, but not often. If i drop an egg white in, i cut the simple syrup amount in half, and also add in a bit more lemon juice from a cut lemon.

I'm a yuppie when it comes to these drinks, so i have a certain method for making all mine and what to do.

And yes, that Jameson is something you want to drink neat or with a ball cube since it already has a strong orange flavor. i would not use that as a mixer for any drink period.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I’ll pour it in 20-30 minutes.

Let me know if you want me to check the one by me (CO) and ship it down.

Thanks for the offer (y) but I don't think i NEED to have this. It did look interesting, but it's a little on the pricier side, tho I probably could've gotten it for under $70 w/ my discount, IF it was in my state at all :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 69Nice

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And yes, that Jameson is something you want to drink neat or with a ball cube since it already has a strong orange flavor. i would not use that as a mixer for any drink period.

I'm definitely getting that from my taste test here but its 100 out and damn if this stuff isn't refreshing :ROFLMAO: Tho, I wonder how this would do w/ like a ginger ale or something.....

69Nice

Rainman
Sep 4, 2020
CO
Hard to tell but BT logo big cubes I got as a gift.

B44DF12A-18A9-4D61-8B34-85C157E71C18.jpeg

Bottle topper

F23916D6-F196-430B-9B62-5E65073BD136.jpeg

Actual bottle
FC1F9EB9-A7F0-47AB-8A24-C06FAF26A791.jpeg

Pour

E89E0409-783B-411A-87B7-F94D4D1DB483.jpeg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Had to "test" out that Jameson some more. tried a small neat pour since the first one i put a couple small ice cubes in. It's good this way too. But man this stuff is more like an orange liqueur than it is a flavored whiskey. Reminds me a lot of like a Grand Marnier or something tho not QUITE that extreme. But I am not tasting a lot of whiskey in this stuff at all :ROFLMAO: Its not a complaint tho.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
VenomousDSG VenomousDSG how often do you get hounded about the Winkle?

I don’t have a lot of buddies that enjoy straight bourbon so most of my stuff just stays there until I drink it.
Often ? Ive got all the Pappys in the back, and dont plan on opening any of them though unless its a special occasion. I usually get a couple a year around christmas from Binnys and just pop one open with family.

Reactions: 69Nice

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Having a go at the boulevardier. Definitely getting a lotta bitterness from the campari :ROFLMAO: (never had this stuff before) did 2.5oz of bourbon, and ounce of sweet vermouth and an ounce of campari. Might cut that down to half an ounce for the next one. When it comes to mixers I'm definitely a less is more kinda person

Reactions: MrMezger996

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Yeah I don't know if the boulevardier is for me :ROFLMAO: the bitterness in that campari just cuts through everything. tried another one last night w/ a non-rye bourbon, and cut the campari to half an ounce, and it was still all I tasted

ah well.
Yea Compari has a very intrusive flavor, you have to like Compari to like a Boulevardier

Thread Info