Whiskey drinkers unite!

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
So, I’ve recently converted to drinking whiskey. I generally drink it on the rocks. Couple buddies and I had a little “tasting” a couple weeks back, and I tried some other whiskeys I’d never had. Started off with Maker’s, and found it pretty smooth and tasty. But a whiskey snob buddy got me onto Buffalo Trace, and I can’t get enough of the stuff. I’d say I like it WAY more than Maker’s...so smooth, no bite, a little sweet with woody finish (maybe some cinnamon?)

Tried some cask proof stuff when I was fairly lit already ~150 proof, but still very smooth.

Do you drink whiskey? What’s your make? How do you drink yours? Where do you buy? How much?

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Im not a big whiskey/bourbon guy. But i can drink woodford reserve all day long

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
I have all the Buffalo Trace stuff, big Blantons and EH Taylor drinker. Just finished a bottle of Eagle Rare earlier.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Been hearing lots of good things about Buffalo Trace. I’ll have to track some down when I eliminate my Templeton Rye (my go to) and the Johnnie Walker Blue Label but are the rate I drink at I won’t be whiskey shopping until Christmas.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
My go to Is makers on rocks with a splash of water. Prefer a boozy drink over straight whisky though. Bulleit Rye Manhattan.

Reactions: Bub

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lagavulin 16 is my go to, I don't drink whisky much but always have that around for a neat glass now and then.

For cheaper stuff, I do like Tullamore DEW.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
I LOOOOOVE whiskey!!! My wife doesn’t drink it and she gags whenever I open a bottle and she smells it.......more for me.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you like Makes, give Four Roses a shot. i was really impressed with the inexpensive bottle ~$24.00, so i went for the next one up @ ~ $37, my god was that one good. think it was small batch select. and then they have 2 more versions above that. that will most likely be my June Bonus buy for myself.

small glass filled halfway, with 3-4 cubes of ice, or an iceball in it. refill as needed.

jason05gt

Reaction score
I enjoy Whiskey and Old Fashioned's. I usually prefer Makers or Woodford. I just bought some Wellers over the weekend to try out.

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
This is for my taste:
makers- mixer bourbon
woodford reserve- mixer, rocks bourbon
bulleit bourbon-mixer bourbon
rabbit hole-rocks bourbon
4roses- rocks bourbon
blantons- rocks bourbon
buffalo trace- rocks bourbon

I once in a while will try another higher level bourbon but these are my staples.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Whiskey is my jam.

Straight out of the bottle, room temperature, warm. Not chilled, no sandstones, rocks, mixers, drips of water, etc.

Knob Creek Single Barrel Rye - One of my all time favorites. Usually in stock at Binny's, just depends
Knob Creek Single Barrel - Love it
Knob Creek 2001 LE - Most expensive whiskey/bourbon I've bought and well worth it, even at $150 a bottle
Blantons - Hard to find, expensive. Overall a good whiskey, but it wouldn't hurt to be slightly cheaper as there are better whiskeys/bourbons for less money
Eagle Rare is great, but very hard to find. Price is on point
Four Roses Single Barrel - Good stuff, nice bite
Four Roses Small Batch - Great whiskey at that price point
Buffalo Trace - Hard to find as well, but very good budget whiskey
Merica Bourbon is phenomenal for the money and is better than a lot of other bourbons that cost way more
Pappy is overrated garbage - The 20+ year stuff is decent, but is not worth the money it commands
Kirkland Bourbon and the regular whiskey is great
Woodford Reserve is solid
EH Taylor Small Batch - Great bourbon under $50
Brickstone is good, little on the lighter side with little to no bite
Makers Cask - Good stuff neat
Bulleitt Rye - Decent, but has a slight earthy taste to it
Copper Fiddle - Not good at all, especially at almost $50 a bottle
Russells Reserve - Good whiskey
Yellowstone - Very solid whiskey even at it's price point
Stranahan Whiskey - Had two different variations and both were amazing
Whistle Pig - Decent whiskey, but definitely NOT worth it at $80 a bottle
Trader Joe's Whiskey (made by Buffalo Trace and is under $20 per bottle)

Definitely a lot of other great ones I'm sure. These are just most of the whiskeys/bourbons I've drank. Probably drank over 50-60 bottles of all of these combined in total solo. Love my beer, but whiskey is my kryptonite. I cannot resist it, haha.

OP
Kensington

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Whiskey is my jam.

Straight out of the bottle, room temperature, warm. Not chilled, no sandstones, rocks, mixers, drips of water, etc.

Knob Creek Single Barrel Rye - One of my all time favorites. Usually in stock at Binny's, just depends
Knob Creek Single Barrel - Love it
Knob Creek 2001 LE - Most expensive whiskey/bourbon I've bought and well worth it, even at $150 a bottle
Blantons - Hard to find, expensive. Overall a good whiskey, but it wouldn't hurt to be slightly cheaper as there are better whiskeys/bourbons for less money
Eagle Rare is great, but very hard to find. Price is on point
Four Roses Single Barrel - Good stuff, nice bite
Four Roses Small Batch - Great whiskey at that price point
Buffalo Trace - Hard to find as well, but very good budget whiskey
Merica Bourbon is phenomenal for the money and is better than a lot of other bourbons that cost way more
Pappy is overrated garbage - The 20+ year stuff is decent, but is not worth the money it commands
Kirkland Bourbon and the regular whiskey is great
Woodford Reserve is solid
EH Taylor Small Batch - Great bourbon under $50
Brickstone is good, little on the lighter side with little to no bite
Makers Cask - Good stuff neat
Bulleitt Rye - Decent, but has a slight earthy taste to it
Copper Fiddle - Not good at all, especially at almost $50 a bottle
Russells Reserve - Good whiskey
Yellowstone - Very solid whiskey even at it's price point
Stranahan Whiskey - Had two different variations and both were amazing
Whistle Pig - Decent whiskey, but definitely NOT worth it at $80 a bottle
Trader Joe's Whiskey (made by Buffalo Trace and is under $20 per bottle)

Definitely a lot of other great ones I'm sure. These are just most of the whiskeys/bourbons I've drank. Probably drank over 50-60 bottles of all of these combined in total solo. Love my beer, but whiskey is my kryptonite. I cannot resist it, haha.
I've also heard good things about Four Roses, I'll have to give it a try. I'm going to have to give the Trader Joe's stuff a try...

I can usually find Buffalo Trace at Binny's, but it's a bit more expensive...it always seems to be out at Jewel

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I've also heard good things about Four Roses, I'll have to give it a try. I'm going to have to give the Trader Joe's stuff a try...

I can usually find Buffalo Trace at Binny's, but it's a bit more expensive...it always seems to be out at Jewel
Just about anything by Buffalo Trace tends to fly off of the shelves.

Trade Joe stuff tends to rotate. I go to the one on Rand in AH. They have it most times.

Costco Bourbon is great at $30 a bottle. Lots of bite to it and a great flavor.

OP
Kensington

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just about anything by Buffalo Trace tends to fly off of the shelves.

Trade Joe stuff tends to rotate. I go to the one on Rand in AH. They have it most times.

Costco Bourbon is great at $30 a bottle. Lots of bite to it and a great flavor.
I'll give it stab :h5:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
On the lower end you can't go wrong w/ some Gentleman Jack or Makers Mark 46. Four Roses is NEVER a bad choice. But lately my jam has been Clyde May's straight bourbon

On the rocks and thats it.

I really need to try some Buffalo Trace. I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about it, which is even more confirmed by this thread.

MEATeorite

Reaction score
I'm a Willett guy. Though i drink several others. Recently got Woodford Reserve Master series cherrywood smoked and Eagle Rare which are excellent. Always have them neat, maybe a drop of water to open em up.
IMG_20200310_202659.jpeg
IMG_20200310_202705.jpeg

J-LO

Reaction score
blantons, for a smooth inexpensive bourbon my go to is basil hayden (try their rum infused, delich). Jemison IPA is pretty good too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom