Caleb
Fresh Buffalo Trace

IMG_6634.jpeg

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
I picked up two bottles of Booker's "Apprentice Batch", which I hadn't had before. Amazingly the liquor store didn't have a "one per..." sign up, I asked to be sure, and they said it was fine to get as many as I wanted.

It's interesting. It has an actual spicy finish. Not an ethanol burn finish, but like... they put habenero's in the ageing barrel or something. I'm curious to see if the second bottle will be the same. Same year but different month, so not sure if it would have come out of the same barrel or not.

Reactions: Spivitz

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Enjoying a nice old fashioned w/ the last of my Mcfarlanes Reserve. Finally killed that off! Whos next!! I'm thinking my Grangestone bourbon barrel single malt might be the next one to fall. But not tonight :ROFLMAO:

I also do need to go to my total wine this weekend and have a chat w/ them. I've made it my lifes mission to buy every whiskey of the month they put up this year, and this is what they chose for May, which actually looks quite interesting and I'd really love to try it

The only problem is, it's telling me the closest store that has this shit is in CA! And what's more, even IF I was that much of an alcoholic to drive all the way to CA to buy a bottle of whiskey, my 10% off coupon that I get says it's only good in AZ!

Gonna have to see if they can ship a bottle in from another store or something. I'm a VIP member damnit and I get what I want!!!!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well they cant me that Smokehead Tequila whisky. They said there's not even a vendor listed they could order it from. I do understand that some things are only sold in certain markets, but if you're gonna make it the whisky of the month, come on!!!!! :mad: They did have a Smokehead sherry cask in my store, but that was like $104, and even if they did give me 10% off on that one ( i didnt even bother asking) I don't want that one anyways. Well I tried.

New plan: I will buy every whisky of the month this year.............as long as its sold in my fucking state.

Did pick some other things up tho.

wTMEYsA.jpg

Been wanting to give this Jameson a try, and I'm thinking it might make for a good whiskey sour?? VenomousDSG VenomousDSG

And also the campari so I can try out one of them Boulevardiers w/ one of my other bourbons MrMezger996 MrMezger996

Reactions: boostedguy05

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Well they cant me that Smokehead Tequila whisky. They said there's not even a vendor listed they could order it from. I do understand that some things are only sold in certain markets, but if you're gonna make it the whisky of the month, come on!!!!! :mad: They did have a Smokehead sherry cask in my store, but that was like $104, and even if they did give me 10% off on that one ( i didnt even bother asking) I don't want that one anyways. Well I tried.

New plan: I will buy every whisky of the month this year.............as long as its sold in my fucking state.

Did pick some other things up tho.

wTMEYsA.jpg

Been wanting to give this Jameson a try, and I'm thinking it might make for a good whiskey sour?? VenomousDSG VenomousDSG

And also the campari so I can try out one of them Boulevardiers w/ one of my other bourbons MrMezger996 MrMezger996
Just my opinion of course, but that Jameson is going to make a horrible whiskey sour... You need to stick to a sweeter and smoother whiskey that isn't already flavored, like a traditional Kentucky bourbon.

IMO, Eagle Rare and Weller make the best for me.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
69Nice 69Nice The one in the white tube next to Col. EH Taylor.

IDAFC21 IDAFC21 They aren't allowed to move product between stores? Or have it shipped to you? What about Drizzly?

I asked about transferring as well, but got shot down there too. I think if it was in state they could probably bring it in from another store, but it sounds like there isnt even a distributor for this in AZ, but I don't know, they do have the one sherry cask smokehead in the store so :dunno:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just my opinion of course, but that Jameson is going to make a horrible whiskey sour... You need to stick to a sweeter and smoother whiskey that isn't already flavored, like a traditional Kentucky bourbon.

IMO, Eagle Rare and Weller make the best for me.

Thanks for tip. You might be right. I'm having a little taster of this jameson now, and wow. The orange flavor is definitely front and center. Wasn't expecting it to be THIS orangey. I still might give it a shot tho :ROFLMAO:

You don't use egg white in yours do you?? I've seen recipes with and without. If I gotta crack to egg to make a drink, that's just gettin a little a too much for me :ROFLMAO:

69Nice

Rainman
Sep 4, 2020
CO
69Nice 69Nice The one in the white tube next to Col. EH Taylor.

IDAFC21 IDAFC21 They aren't allowed to move product between stores? Or have it shipped to you? What about Drizzly?

I’ll pour it in 20-30 minutes.

I asked about transferring as well, but got shot down there too. I think if it was in state they could probably bring it in from another store, but it sounds like there isnt even a distributor for this in AZ, but I don't know, they do have the one sherry cask smokehead in the store so :dunno:

Let me know if you want me to check the one by me (CO) and ship it down.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Thread Info