Where are you going 2021? Any vacations/roadtrips?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Wife and I are talking about taking a trip in May. Need a break from all the health BS and should be recovered by then. We are thinking of either Florida Keys or finishing our West Coast trip. Keys would be flying into Miami and driving through all the keys, doing some snorkeling and such. The West coast thing was because we cut our trip short last year as the country was shutting down. We did Portland to San Jose traveling the coast, seeing the redwoods and stopping in a few sights like Alcatraz etc. As soon as we left San Fran the state already started shutting down so we cut our trip short and flew back. This time around we may start in Seatlle and end up in Monterey.
How did you like Alcatraz and did you use the headphones? My Wife and I did it 5yrs ago and used the headphones and we loved it. I actually want to go back and spend some more time in and around SF

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Door County. My wife’s family has a house up there 50’ from the lake and it only costs gas and food.

I really miss going to my grandparents place they built up there. So many great memories! Can’t believe it’s been 15 years since they sold it.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
July is Road American for the Brian Redman challenge. Camping, awesome cars, good times... everyone from here should go, it’s a great fun 4 day weekend that’s not too far away.
I know someone in Elkhart Lake that tries to get me to come up there for this the last few years

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
where in florida are you winding up? thats crazy.

We're planning on being within a hour of Tampa. My wife's sister is in that area. We're trying to keep to areas where the schools aren't complete garbage. They also have charter schools in which you can enroll kids. It's free, but has limited availability. We'll be renting the first 6-12 months until we get established with work. My wife can continue to work remote for a while, but I'll need to find a new job. They won't let me work remote from out-of-state.

Reactions: frank and Yaj Yak

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
where in FLL are you staying

I haven’t stayed there before, but chose it since it was right on the beach and had a lot of things for kids.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
July is Road American for the Brian Redman challenge. Camping, awesome cars, good times... everyone from here should go, it’s a great fun 4 day weekend that’s not too far away.
I used to go twice a year for the motorcycle track days, so I could flog my bike like it was intended to be. Stayed at the Baymont though. Would be nice to have a "buddy" who has a place to actually stay at.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'll be going to FL in May for a few days in St. Pete then a couple in Disney.

TCG tour in *spolier* :s00ls:

I'm hoping to get out to WV and rent a Rzr to ride Hatfield McCoy.

I'm sure we'll get out to Reno to see the gf's parents.

I also plan to spend at least 2 weekends a month on the chain.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
How did you like Alcatraz and did you use the headphones? My Wife and I did it 5yrs ago and used the headphones and we loved it. I actually want to go back and spend some more time in and around SF

It was ok, the only downside is there was a lot of outside portions of the tour and it was like 40 degrees and windy as hell so we froze our asses off. We did have the headphones for a section of the tour. The next time we do this vacation we are planning on spending 2 days in SF. Last time we only stayed one, never even saw the Golden Gate bridge because of fog and crappy weather even though our balcony at the hotel was pointing straight at it. :ROFLMAO:

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Big Pontiac show in Carol Stream??? Go on. That's basically my front yard.
Opps Crystal Lake...

Screenshot_20210324-144033_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I know someone in Elkhart Lake that tries to get me to come up there for this the last few years
It’s July 15-18th, it’s one of their busiest weekends of the year. The amount of cars is crazy, even the shit people just drive to spectate. Get to wake up every morning to the sound of cars screaming down the track. They do a cruise into town with the race cars one night and have a car show the next. The amount of money is staggering because it’s all just private racers with their own cars and shit. It’s so much fun.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info