Where are you going 2021? Any vacations/roadtrips?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Algoma is actually Kewaunee County. :p

Just busting balls. :D

He's referring to the annual Pontiac show put on by the Cruising Tigers called "Indian Uprising" that for years was held at Pheasant Run in STC. Now that it closed and has been sold to McGrath Honda and is being used as their inventory lot, the show itself has moved up to Crystal Lake.
Yeah, I saw all the Hooonda's sitting in the east lot on the south side of the street. Basically doing a staring contest with the VW dealership on the north side.

giphy.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I traveled so much as a young adult that I don't feel the need anymore. We crisscrossed the country when our kids were small. Now, we get on a plane and go see one of them when we/they have time. My older daughter is in Charlotte, NC so I want to go there sometime the Bears are playing the Panthers and see the game. We had it set up for last year but... covid.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Yes. I have mixed feelings about it. It's exciting and sad at the same time.

We listed our home on Monday and got a non-contingent offer at the end of the day. We're scheduled to close on 6/11 and off we go.
Congrats on the quick sale!

We too are prepping for a one-way trip to Hilton Head, SC this spring/summer.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Reactions: Jon01 and BS ISF

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Going to Mexico City next week, not quite a vacation since I’m going there to deal with my dads estate situation BUT I’m gonna try to make the best of it and have some awesome food, who knows I got a couple of lady friends down there that are ready and willing to go to the nearest beach and spend the weekend, might just hightail it to Acapulco, haven’t been there since I was a kid.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I don't mind staying on the water or somewhere nice, but generally if it's up to me I'd prefer to check out historical stuff (and food):
I still can't believe how well worth the time and money it was to visit the Vasa museum. When I started thinking about how I was waiting in line to get in with a bunch of other international tourists and paying a decent chunk of change to essentially see one exhibit, I started doubting the hype. Holy shit am I glad that I made that a priority stop. That ship is a seriously impressive project, in-tact piece of history, and a pretty rare natural occurrence.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
As to where we want to go, if restrictions lift, we want to go to Bowling Green and tour the Vette Plant and museum.
If you consider seeing some of the prototypes, sink, hole, and special edition cars to be a right of passage as a Corvette owner then the Corvette museum is probably great. I think it's quite overpriced for what you're getting, and the exhibits don't revolve very much. I visited that one twice almost exactly 10 years apart and the second time felt like a huge waste of $20. The plant tour on the other hand is badass! Just be aware that they often sell out of tickets in advance, so you'll want to book soon.

I'm going to
-Wisconsin Dells area for my future BILs bachelor party in a couple weeks
-Bowling Green, KY for the Buick GS Nationals in May
-Lorenz Racing open house in July? I've always wanted to go.
-Pentwater, MI for a family trip in August
-Iceland in November for the honeymoon.
It's a busy year.

Reactions: Jon01 and Yaj Yak

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Just want to see it. I also love factory tours. I've toured a couple GM plants. Janesville when it was building Tahoe's/Suburban's, Lansing Grand River for the 50th Camaro birthday (and where my STS was built), and when GM owned their EMD business (Locomotives), I toured that plant in LaGrange as just a few off the top of my head.

I keep telling the wife that doing the whole Bowling Green thing means that I get to order my Vette and do the Museum Delivery RPO. She isn't biting on that one. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info