Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Chops, green beans from a can cause I hate fresh ones. Mashed with bbq sauce on them

IMG_5675.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 thanks. My wife swore she didn’t like grits because she’d only ever had instant boxed stuff. I haven’t liked a lot of catfish I’ve had in the past, but I think the buttermilk marinade took away pretty much all of the fishiness.
I think grits are an acquired taste. You either love them or hate them. Yes the box shit isn’t nearly as good as homemade. There used to be a bunch of trucker stops on Pershing by my whse. Best grits in the city

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I think grits are an acquired taste. You either love them or hate them. Yes the box shit isn’t nearly as good as homemade. There used to be a bunch of trucker stops on Pershing by my whse. Best grits in the city
There used to be a small diner back in the 80s and 90s in East Dundee that made some good grits when I was a kid. My skinny ass would go there every now and then with my older cousin and although I was about 8 years old, I'd eat a full serving of biscuits and gravy with 2 eggs over easy, 2 pieces of toast, hash browns, and a bowl of grits. Then when I got home, I'd eat a bowl of cereal.

Made this yesterday. Sautéed veggies with beef over white rice.
20240224_160914.jpg

The beef was marinated with pineapple juice, white rice vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, garlic paste, ginger paste, some canola oil, and a couple other things. Marinated overnight, then cooked in a skillet over high heat. Also took the marinade and added corn starch to make a gravy to drizzle over the bowl.

It was my first time trying this recipe and it will be added to my selections. Next time I'll cut the soy sauce though. Even though it was low sodium soy sauce, it still was a lot. Overall, it was delicious.

Thread Info