đź’¦ Detailing What drying towels you fellas using?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Got my TRC double twistress towels in the other day and finally got a chance to try them this morning. I have never used a twist loop microfiber before so was a little concerned when they showed up looking like a bath towel.

Quick specs are 20”x24”, double thickness diamond quilted. 850gsm, with a “ButterSoft Microfiber Suede Border” that feels of better quality than the silk border on other edged towels I’ve used before.

F44709BB-1675-481C-9EED-93A916FE0465.jpeg

BE4BD2DD-A5A1-4FD7-8CC1-7E510438219F.jpeg

I bought these as drying and quick detailer towels as that’s what the website recommends them to be used for. Did my normal routine and washed the car with my $169 electric pressure washer my grandma gave me and a foam lance. If you choose to use a $63.19 pressure washer your mileage may vary.

57EA868D-7F88-4107-B12F-214C0276B17D.jpeg

I then did a quick once over with my electric blower to get most of the water off and out of the crevices and backed into the garage out of the sun.

896FFC4B-90F1-414A-9342-0A0C828B7F7E.jpeg

You can see in the above photo about how wet most of my panels are at this point. I then dried all the glass with the double twistress before they got water spots. For the paint I did a light mist of Meguiar’s D156 (their express spray wax in the gallon size) and dried each panel with the towel folded in 1/8’s. Since I already blew the car off I dried and spray waxed the entire car with one towel flipping sides and turning it inside out. In the future I won’t turn it inside out and just use 2. The towel is very absorbent and I had minimal streaking. If streaking did develop I just flipped to a clean side and that gave me a streak free finish. Typically with the glass I have to spritz it with some vinegar and distilled water or glass cleaner to get them really clean when drying but this towel absorbed all the moisture and it was not necessary

319E270F-FB87-44A3-B8F3-D46F4FB19EF6.jpeg

2C84D1EA-2966-4E81-9205-C8E81334A93E.jpeg

BD56833B-8DEA-4DBE-A905-3DA8A058231A.jpeg

4F060593-B839-4FB3-9BA0-17E18972F7D9.jpeg

69B1F4E6-1AE0-4132-8ED7-D00E3DC2F8AE.jpeg

Overall I am very pleased with these towels. I can really only compare them to the grey waffle weave drying towels from chemical guys and they work much better than those. I’m glad they worked out because I bought 6 of them and an edgeless to qualify for free shipping after using a coupon code. I’m not one to get into expensive towels but for how easily my drying process went I would say they are worth the price of admission at $11 a piece when buying a 3 pack.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Got my TRC double twistress towels in the other day and finally got a chance to try them this morning. I have never used a twist loop microfiber before so was a little concerned when they showed up looking like a bath towel.

Quick specs are 20”x24”, double thickness diamond quilted. 850gsm, with a “ButterSoft Microfiber Suede Border” that feels of better quality than the silk border on other edged towels I’ve used before.

View attachment 63561

View attachment 63559

I bought these as drying and quick detailer towels as that’s what the website recommends them to be used for. Did my normal routine and washed the car with my $169 electric pressure washer my grandma gave me and a foam lance. If you choose to use a $63.19 pressure washer your mileage may vary.

View attachment 63557

I then did a quick once over with my electric blower to get most of the water off and out of the crevices and backed into the garage out of the sun.

View attachment 63558

You can see in the above photo about how wet most of my panels are at this point. I then dried all the glass with the double twistress before they got water spots. For the paint I did a light mist of Meguiar’s D156 (their express spray wax in the gallon size) and dried each panel with the towel folded in 1/8’s. Since I already blew the car off I dried and spray waxed the entire car with one towel flipping sides and turning it inside out. In the future I won’t turn it inside out and just use 2. The towel is very absorbent and I had minimal streaking. If streaking did develop I just flipped to a clean side and that gave me a streak free finish. Typically with the glass I have to spritz it with some vinegar and distilled water or glass cleaner to get them really clean when drying but this towel absorbed all the moisture and it was not necessary

View attachment 63560

View attachment 63563

View attachment 63564

View attachment 63565

View attachment 63562

Overall I am very pleased with these towels. I can really only compare them to the grey waffle weave drying towels from chemical guys and they work much better than those. I’m glad they worked out because I bought 6 of them and an edgeless to qualify for free shipping after using a coupon code. I’m not one to get into expensive towels but for how easily my drying process went I would say they are worth the price of admission at $11 a piece when buying a 3 pack.

Sounds like the performance is just under that of the Water Sprite. Good review nonetheless.

Reactions: ZXMustang

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
not sure what the physics term is but that does make sense. Water attracts other water molecules. You want the towel to have water in it but not to the point the fibers are completely saturated.

I have found that glass towels work a lot better damp for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info