đź’¦ Detailing What drying towels you fellas using?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Googling gives me a bunch of varying opinions and then you go and read the reviews on Amazon and they're all over the place.

The ones I have, and I would need to look them up, absorb pretty good but I feel like there are better options.

giphy.gif

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Using a metrovac dryer, I actually tried to be cheap and bought the smaller one first, I bought the bigger unit this year, link.....

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I've used a few different ones. The Rag Company weave, Chemical Guy's Wooly Mammoth, etc. The one I like way more than any others is the Groits Garage PFM Terry Weave towel. It absorbs a ton of water. One towel to dry my car and no wringing it out. The Wooly Mammoth is more plush than the PFM. But the Wooly doesn't hold much water at all. Very dissatisfied in it.

I gave my dad a Groits Garage PFM for Christmas. He thought I was crazy spending $40 on a TOWEL to dry his car. He used it and liked it so much he bought a second one.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I use an air dryer. It works awesome for getting all of the water out of the mirrors, wheels, door jams, grill, and everywhere else a towel can't reach. It dries the car pretty fast. Once it's about 90% dry, I do a quick wipe down with a small microfiber and some quick detail spray.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Ego blower
The Rag Company Twistress is a smaller towel, less likely to hit the ground on accident
Amazon product

The Griot's PFM towels are good too

stay away from anything super plush because they tend to just push the water around.
Twisted loop or terry weave is good for being absorbent.

I do like the Cobra Waffle Weave towels as well:
Amazon product

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I use the Absorber towel. Works great.

Amazon product

This is what I have been using and it works well. If I had a fresh detail I would be going the leaf blower route and then detail spray with a nice microfiber. That was my combo when I had my Mustang and it went a couple years with the paint still looking great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info