đź’¦ Detailing What drying towels you fellas using?

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Same
Washed 3 of our cars yesterday and you should see the looks people give me as they are walking by and they see my drying with a leaf blower lol

Same lol. My neighbors think I'm nuts for air drying my cars and washing them once a week.

"YoU'rE gOiNg tO wAsH tHe PaInT oFf Of iT"
1pq988.jpg

Air drying is the way to go. No chance of dragging anything abrasive over the paint and you don't get water trails from the mirrors, emblems, or any cracks that a towel can't reach.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Same lol. My neighbors think I'm nuts for air drying my cars and washing them once a week.

"YoU'rE gOiNg tO wAsH tHe PaInT oFf Of iT"
View attachment 60481

Air drying is the way to go. No chance of dragging anything abrasive over the paint and you don't get water trails from the mirrors, emblems, or any cracks that a towel can't reach.
My neighbor that I talk to did say something to me yesterday. It was the 2nd time I washed the Hawk in 3 days and his exact words were "you gonna wash the damn paint off that thing" lol. It had a shit ton of bugs from cruising to and from GLD on Saturday and it rained Friday night.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I should have mentioned, before using the Absorber, I like to spray that Turtle Wax "Wax as you dry" stuff on the car while it's still wet, and then dry it off with the Absorber.
It's a great way to touch up between "real" waxing and it greatly enhances the Absorber's performance.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Tried my leaf blower, which is a powerful unit, but didn't have the outlet shape to cleanly thrust the water away.

I tried my leaf blower and was disappointed. It didn't move the water well on the surface. This is a blower with a claimed 400 cfm and 90mph performance. But it has a large opening and is probably limiting its performance for that use. Works great on leaves and yard debris tho. It's a DeWalt so maybe greasy greasy can get some attachments made of something. lol

My cars are coated and water sheets off of them well when I rinse the car with the hose. Let gravity and the hydrophobic properties work in my favor. This way leaves just a little water left on the car. So I spray BeadMaker on the wet surfaces and wipe dry with my towel. Easy enough.

Reactions: Bru

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I tried my leaf blower and was disappointed. It didn't move the water well on the surface. This is a blower with a claimed 400 cfm and 90mph performance. But it has a large opening and is probably limiting its performance for that use. Works great on leaves and yard debris tho. It's a DeWalt so maybe greasy greasy can get some attachments made of something. lol

My cars are coated and water sheets off of them well when I rinse the car with the hose. Let gravity and the hydrophobic properties work in my favor. This way leaves just a little water left on the car. So I spray BeadMaker on the wet surfaces and wipe dry with my towel. Easy enough.

They are designed with yard work in mind, moving leaves and other yard debris. He would have to make something custom.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The leaf blower is awkward to use due to the length of the nozzle on some of them. That is they the ones marketed directly towards auto use are convenient. Just a hose with a nozzle to direct up close.

They are designed with yard work in mind, moving leaves and other yard debris. He would have to make something custom.
no no no. I want you to do something. :rofl: I'm kidding of course. As I said, it isn't worth forcing it to work. It works great in the yard and the towel works fine on the cars.

• Angry
Reactions: greasy

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The electric leaf blower I have allows you to remove the extension and air blows directly out of the blower. It does work very well. Black n decker from like 15 years ago.

I’ll have to give that a shot. With a black car, especially one with 130,000-mile GM paint, any way to avoid touching the paint and scratching is great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info