Well I wasn't going to do TCG Tour in a Tahoe...

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Vibration ended up being diagnosed as a messed up clutch. Ordered a McCloud RST which came in a week or two ago, keep finding stupidity caused issues on this car, bellhousing has five different sized bolts in it, some are totally stripped out, etc... Here's how it sits now.

18425388_10155433815739589_912515601740243341_n.jpg

18342068_10155434007354589_2589448838422372650_n.jpg

Found a PRO 5.0 shifter already installed as well, so, that's a bonus. Trans will be back in within a week or two so I can get the car out of the middle of the garage and actually drive it for a month or so before the end of the season. I've got more of a drive to get my DuraKon project started this winter so I'm going to get this car to the point of being a reliable, bolt-on car and probably leaving it for the next year or so. I'd rather have all my shit running/driving and be boring instead of broken junk that's fast sometimes.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
If I wanted to do tour I would've, not like I don't have other vehicles to drive. I'm taking a week off in November for the boat races/ poker run in Miami/Key West and Colorado shortly after so I'm using my PTO sparingly because as it sits right now I'll have one day left after Miami so I pretty much have to wait a month to accrue two more days to make a 5 day CO trip. I could've gotten the car done in an afternoon, just no real ambition. TBH it would probably keep sitting except for the fact that it's torn apart in the center of my garage currently.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Car's home finally and ready for me to keep going with it. Having to do a complete engine rebuild and just about every line and accessory on one of my plow trucks put me behind on getting this car going.

Currently on the hunt for a sub 100K mile LS1 engine either running or a complete shortblock. Also looking for LS3/L92 heads/intake. I originally planned on doing an LQ4 in the car, but, the engine done how I wanted it was going to be a pretty hefty bill and for my 400-450 WHP goal through a 6 speed I don't need a crazy engine.

I've accumulated just about every bolt on performance part you'd want for an F-body now and just need a healthy engine to drop in. As you can assume, that'll be an LS3 top ended and cammed LS1.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Oh I have no doubt it'll do it. I wanted/still want to build an LQ4 to handle big power, it's actually at the machine shop right now since I dropped it off at the same time and the plow truck's LQ4 lol. But by the time I was done adding it all up it was going to be a $9,000 engine with machine work. I'd rather put $3,500-4 towards an engine and get a nice rear end and suspension under the car for that money, plus, if and when I want to go bigger, the LS3 top end will always be worth what I paid for it so it won't be a gigantic loss overall.

I'd just rather drive the damn car instead of letting it sit as long as El Malo has before there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I've owned the car since March of 17 and it's accumulated 1.8 miles of seat time lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The sad part is my 9800# truck is probably only about 1.5 seconds slower than this car was from the factory in the quarter mile. As long as John Force is still alive I'll never be the fastest guy, I'm building it to have fun. I want a stiff suspension that'll be fun to take up into Wisconsin and carve some backroads with with the T tops off and music blasting. That's more fun to me that building a drag car at this point. I'm getting soft in my old age lol.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Car's home finally and ready for me to keep going with it. Having to do a complete engine rebuild and just about every line and accessory on one of my plow trucks put me behind on getting this car going.

Currently on the hunt for a sub 100K mile LS1 engine either running or a complete shortblock. Also looking for LS3/L92 heads/intake. I originally planned on doing an LQ4 in the car, but, the engine done how I wanted it was going to be a pretty hefty bill and for my 400-450 WHP goal through a 6 speed I don't need a crazy engine.

I've accumulated just about every bolt on performance part you'd want for an F-body now and just need a healthy engine to drop in. As you can assume, that'll be an LS3 top ended and cammed LS1.

I herd there was some bitch nigga talk going on in hurrrr. Not disappointed.

:trump:

But you ain't getting an LS3 top end onto that block broski.

Thread Info