NEW RIDE We’re an Explorer now!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Like even back then...did the banks need auditing? So you keep a running total then physically go to the bank and make sure they match....and the banks were wrong often enough that it was worth keeping track manually?

what?
Not everyone makes Mr and Mrs Connie money where you just swipe and don't give a fuck how much it is.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
LOL Really? I know she is in finance by trade right? But thats some 80s 90s shit right dur.

She's an accountant (technically a Controller) for an investment company. She (and her boss, the CFO) print out things on paper all the time. So much so that when covid happened and she started to WFH, she had them buy her a printer for home to print out stuff.

After she prints the stuff out, she does whatever she needs to and throws the paper out. I mean, it's only 2022, why do stuff digitally?

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF
i will bitch slap you dave chappelle GIF

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
My debit card never gets used. My CC has cash back incentives, why would I spend my money without getting something back
Much like getting rid of cable TV, which I rarely use, I have suggested using a CC for points. She's paranoid of overspending on a CC and not having the $ to pay it off at the end of the month.

Give Up GIF by TLC Europe

• Haha
Reactions: bikrboy128

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Not everyone makes Mr and Mrs Connie money where you just swipe and don't give a fuck how much it is.
I make nowhere near what Connie makes and I havent balanced a checkbook ever.....

Check once a week or so to make sure no stupid charges are coming across, but other than that I know whats in there and what I can spend.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I make nowhere near what Connie makes and I havent balanced a checkbook ever.....

Check once a week or so to make sure no stupid charges are coming across, but other than that I know whats in there and what I can spend.
Same. Somehow, with whatever we spend, it falls in line and it's all good.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My debit card never gets used. My CC has cash back incentives, why would I spend my money without getting something back

Plus you run WAY less of a risk of your bank being compromised. I was doing the same and using debit for everything and our account was compromised twice. Screw that. CCs are easier to replace and fight charges with.

Much like getting rid of cable TV, which I rarely use, I have suggested using a CC for points. She's paranoid of overspending on a CC and not having the $ to pay it off at the end of the month.

Give Up GIF by TLC Europe

Use CC
Get in car
Open CC app
Make payment before you leave
Profit

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Plus you run WAY less of a risk of your bank being compromised. I was doing the same and using debit for everything and our account was compromised twice. Screw that. CCs are easier to replace and fight charges with.

Use CC
Get in car
Open CC app
Make payment before you leave
Profit
same for viewing reports in Excel on screen versus printing them out. Boomer in a Gen-X body.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
She's old school and stubborn, and isn't going to change unless it's her idea. So you need to start coming up with ways to make her think it's her idea when you want something done differently. Get creative!
blue-sun blue-sun go watch Inception if you haven't already seen it. Just don't watch/re-watch it with the wife :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: blue-sun

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I'm also going to suggest a Sonata or Kia K5. She had a 2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T from 15-19 and we put 60-70k on it with no real issues. It was fast, got great gas mileage and looked decent too.

A Sonata N Line would nice, but we'll see if she wants fuel economy over performance this go around.

headed to back to back to back meetings...fun fun!

We just got a 22 sorento. Wife loves it. Tech in it is great. It was hard finding what we wanted in stock, and places that did have stock had ADM. We beat them up on ADM a little, and got more on trade in so it kinda washed itself out.

Thread Info