Water to air heat exchanger

Burt Ragio

Reaction score
Do I need to dump a stock water to air heat exchanger on a eaton conversion. Will have a mild tune 12 psi boost. What might the ambiant temp differance be between a stock water to air heat exchanger & type 100 from Frozon Boost ?

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
Type 100 all the way. Zack steered me in that direction and as usual is was 100% on target.

IMO, that will be one of the best investments you make for your Eaton swap.

Burt Ragio

Reaction score
Wow that is a huge differance in temperature. To bad I have to burn another hole in my wallet seems to never end. All good keeps it bookin & not cookin.

Burt Ragio

Reaction score
Type 100 all the way. Zack steered me in that direction and as usual is was 100% on target.

IMO, that will be one of the best investments you make for your Eaton swap.
Other than fabricating brackets to mount did have to make any changes to the Type 100 for installation ?

taemian

Reaction score
Is the Type 100 a good swap for the stock HE shipped with the Trilogy kit as well?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Is the Type 100 a good swap for the stock HE shipped with the Trilogy kit as well?
Absolutely.

Just know that once any roots blower is heat soaked, its a bitch to get those IAT's down.

A type 100 will remove the heat faster, but not as fast as you might think.

In any case better is better.

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Just know that once any roots blower is heat soaked, its a bitch to get those IAT's down.

A type 100 will remove the heat faster, but not as fast as you might think.

In any case better is better.
^^^^^ What Zack said. Start up of a warm car on a hot day is the worst. Upper 90's after the car's been sitting for a while, temps will be in the 130 -140 range, and darn tough to get 'em lower with the high ambient temp.

That said, on cooler days, the temps will drop reasonably fast, but still expect between 20 and 30* delta between ambient and IAT.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
You could take the money you spend on a type 100 and apply it towards a killer chiller instead.

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
You could take the money you spend on a type 100 and apply it towards a killer chiller instead.
We gotta talk over a couple two, 'tree beers next time we get together, I want to get more info about your KC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom