US car sales just had their worst quarter since the Great Recession

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The used car market is booming too, IMO. Had to buy my college-age daughter another reliable car. Getting something this time around took several attempts.

I also noticed that there seemed to be several "private" dealers selling cars on FBMP which I hadn't experienced before. I will only buy used from private parties, not from dealers for sub 10k cars.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The used car market is booming too, IMO. Had to buy my college-age daughter another reliable car. Getting something this time around took several attempts.

I also noticed that there seemed to be several "private" dealers selling cars on FBMP which I hadn't experienced before. I will only buy used from private parties, not from dealers for sub 10k cars.

Many many many private dealers selling on fb and marking themselves as private sellers... Fb marketplace blooooooows.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Can't wait for next quarter. Our situation is probably like a lot of folks and we are contributing to these numbers.

My wife turned in her lease in March (just happened to be due at the right time), instead of buying a car to replace or releasing we just waited. She started working from home, and we said ok maybe May...then turned into June....then July... Now we are looking at August.

Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Can't wait for next quarter. Our situation is probably like a lot of folks and we are contributing to these numbers.

My wife turned in her lease in March (just happened to be due at the right time), instead of buying a car to replace or releasing we just waited. She started working from home, and we said ok maybe May...then turned into June....then July... Now we are looking at August.

0% on my mustang im pretty happy with that!

Wait too long youll miss too.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Ehhh with quarterly sales like this, and the fed rate at 0... I don't think there's going to be a lot of changes for the majority of 2020. I would in fact think we see some higher incentives in the late summer/fall as 2021 models start to show and 20 inventory piles up. Or at least that's my thoughts ha.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Ehhh with quarterly sales like this, and the fed rate at 0... I don't think there's going to be a lot of changes for the majority of 2020. I would in fact think we see some higher incentives in the late summer/fall as 2021 models start to show and 20 inventory piles up. Or at least that's my thoughts ha.

Once the 21 inventory starts to show up id agree.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i dont know how much inventory will pile up since so many factories were closed for quite some time & supply chain issues?

the ford dealer near my work looks like a ghost town with how few vehicles they have.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
The used market is really popping right now, low inventory with in reason and some of the new car incentives are starting to pop up.

Wife’s ‘18 Durango was a lease and ready to expire in December, we wanted to lower our monthly car payments, contacted Vroom who paid off my lease and then cut me a check for $500.00 which isn’t a bad deal at all.

We ended up leasing a 2020 Honda passport which could not pass up the lease deal, worked the dealer over some and in low 300’s on payment compared to the upper 4’s on the Durango. Win win for us. We were just thinking ahead some Incase either of us lost our jobs.

• Wow
Reactions: greasy and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The used market is really popping right now, low inventory with in reason and some of the new car incentives are starting to pop up.

Wife’s ‘18 Durango was a lease and ready to expire in December, we wanted to lower our monthly car payments, contacted Vroom who paid off my lease and then cut me a check for $500.00 which isn’t a bad deal at all.

We ended up leasing a 2020 Honda passport which could not pass up the lease deal, worked the dealer over some and in low 300’s on payment compared to the upper 4’s on the Durango. Win win for us. We were just thinking ahead some Incase either of us lost our jobs.

post up about that passport somewhere, those interest me for wifey duties

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Went with my son to purchase a used Jetta GLI from Elgin VW last night, and it seems that Covid has certainly streamlined everything. We were in and out in less than an hour including the test drive, and no pressure from the finance guy either, it was refreshing for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info