TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I mean I believe boat and RV sales are up.. both classes of purchase are hobby use, so I guess I can see it. Plus, basically all public entertainment is closed. RV and boat is largely not impacted by 'Rona either, so again, I guess I can see it.

I mean I bought a camper - after previously thinking I never would.

But honestly, I don't think all car sales tanking can be attributed to boat and RV sales seeing a spike.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The run on boats is happening across the country. Chuck Cashman, the chief revenue officer of the boat dealership MarineMax, which has 64 locations in 23 states, says sales are up in every single category. Nearly three quarters of queries online are from first-time boat buyers, an unusually high number, he said. The company prides itself in its inventory, but Mr. Cashman said some customers are buying “like you would a car, where you take what’s there at the time because it’s close enough. In this social isolation, there’s so few things you can do that are exciting, and boating is one of them.”

At Quality Boats, which has four locations in Florida, May was the best sales month the company has had in 46 years (in terms of units sold, though the sale of a $1.4 million 45-foot saltwater fishing boat didn’t hurt). David Bair, an owner, has been delivering boats as far north as Connecticut to customers who can’t get what they want locally. (The average cost of sale is $280,000.) Mr. Bair has had to hire his own contractors because freight companies are too backed up to satisfy impatient customers, who want to be on the water faster than you can say “seaworthy.”

Kelly’s Port, a boat dealership in Osage Beach, Mo., is down to less than five percent of its usual inventory. The 44-year-old company, whose average sale is $100,000, has since broken every record “dude, by the hour or by the day or the weekend or any way you want to count it, from sales to gas to service to stowage,” said Ryan Kelly, a partner.

“We know there are a lot of people hurting right now,” Mr. Kelly said. “But speaking on dollars and cents, we’ve never ever, ever seen boat sales like this.”

Reactions: Eagle

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean I believe it.. both classes of purchase are hobby use, so I guess I can see it. Plus, basically all public entertainment is closed. RV and boat is largely not impacted by 'Rona either, so again, I guess I can see it.

But honestly, I don't think all car sales tanking can be attributed to boat and RV sales seeing a spike.

not all

but i bet some

i mean, you canceled a something and went through with another? decisions were made.

i could see plenty of families/individuals holding off upgrading their cars/trucks to buy a new camper/boat or upgrade what they had prior.

Reactions: Eagle

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean I believe boat and RV sales are up.. both classes of purchase are hobby use, so I guess I can see it. Plus, basically all public entertainment is closed. RV and boat is largely not hindered or negatively impacted by 'Rona either, so again, I guess I can see it.

FIXED.

im seriously thinking about listing my pontoon and ordering a new one because i think i could do pretty well...

Reactions: crooks

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
FIXED.

im seriously thinking about listing my pontoon and ordering a new one because i think i could do pretty well...

Maybe so. I guess if ppl are not concerned with the economy, then YES, those two segments are probably doing really well. But many have been negatively impacted, just looking at the unemployment metrics.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Maybe so. I guess if ppl are not concerned with the economy, then YES, those two segments are probably doing really well. But many have been negatively impacted, just looking at the unemployment metrics.

i mean, boat & rv sales have not been negatively impacted, if anything the rona has helped those two industries significantly.

i said in another thread... typically mid summer, 3000+ boats on craigslist chicago.

the other day, 586.

right now, 568.

boats are fucking MOOOOOVING. new, used, whatever. i don't know as much about RV industry but from what ive seen in my small ganders, it's fucking ROCKING also.

used rv's that were 20k in january are 40k right now...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ready for a fun thought too?

number of people on unemployment right now is far higher than it should be due to the +$600 still going on...

i bet a WHOOOOOOLE lot of people go back to work at the end of the month once it runs out and they aren't making a grand a week in IL sitting at home.

i mean, i can't get landscapers to call me back to save my life... they say they have no employees...

Bub Bub has an issue getting anyone to come do his driveway- no one wants to work because they're making BANK at home

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
ready for a fun thought too?

number of people on unemployment right now is far higher than it should be due to the +$600 still going on...

i bet a WHOOOOOOLE lot of people go back to work at the end of the month once it runs out and they aren't making a grand a week in IL sitting at home.

i mean, i can't get landscapers to call me back to save my life... they say they have no employees...

Bub Bub has an issue getting anyone to come do his driveway- no one wants to work because they're making BANK at home

Unemp monies going to get extended and well have round 2 of stimulus checks in Aug.

Word im hearing here in Wash DC is Trump isnt traveling for approx 3 to 4 weeks.

Hes stuck here in DC waiting on Congress to give him a bill to sign.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info