• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

📸 Photography Unlikely and underwhelming survivors

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm not saying that F-bodies are unlikely to be restored, but this one was different. It's about as basic as it gets. No spoiler, 6-cyl, automatic, chrome grill and headlight buckets, baby blue, no AC, and no chin spoiler. The only parts that weren't keeping true to the OG basic nature were the stance and wheels. Fair enough. Don't see them like this too often.
1680695138605.png

Eagle Summit. If I had one of these, I would have Summit sticker bombed it instead of my tool box. :LOL:
1680695459421.png

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
More kinda cool shit from the work parking lot. This is a new one. Dodge Spirit! I looked inside and saw a really nice interior with a 5-speed. Typical paint of this era Dodge unfortunately. This was when the EPA was cracking down on paint fumes so new practices were being attempted.

I don't know enough about these to know if this is an R/T. There were no badges. IIRC the R/T was NA but with DOHC?
PXL_20230413_110340691.MP.jpg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
This pulled up behind me and was loud. Assumed it was rotted all to hell and the exhaust had fallen off then he passed me. It was minty. Sadly the camera kept focusing on the windshield lol

View attachment 159513
Those rarely have quarter panels from the tire down anymore. lol

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Saw this on FB today

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Saw this on FB today

Ugggh I want to like them but mechanically they're a very mixed bag from what I understand.

Reactions: ChrisRac

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Tried to get a picture but damn.. saw a minty early 90’s Chevy Celebrity Wagon this morning. A steel gray color with black and red emblems. Some complete hippie looking guy driving too. Saw the same guy yesterday going home so I might catch him later. Crazy how some of these 90’s cars made it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I mean they made a shitton of those, if it was more than half a tenth of a percent I'd be shocked.
They did make a shit ton, and it's the same as a Cutlass Ciera or Century that we still see every day. However, the Celebrity seems to be a total treat to find because they (and the 6000) were not built as long as the others. The Celebrity only got the worst of all the A-body engine options. The "best" one was the iron duke and that's saying a lot. At least the Centuries and Cieras got the 3100, 3300, and LG3 options. Celebrity was 2.5, 2.8, 3.1, or 4.3 diesel powered only. Pick your poison. lol

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
A few people on third gen do well boosting 60 degree engines. Now then the fwd transmission? LOLOL no.
Every once in a while I check in on the 60 degree crowd to see how they're doing even though I've never owned one nor plan to. I recognize that I have no room to talk playing with 3.8s but the 60 degree stuff just never made sense to me. I enjoy seeing one making respectable power, but it just never seems to happen. 300whp seems about it until you start paying big bucks for custom cams and such. Their mob mentality against 3800 folks is also kind of hilarious.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
The ones I saw on third gen tended to use delta regrinds from what I remember. Honestly if 300hp was the goal they seem easy enough to get there on. An Ebay T3/T4, intercooler, some GTP injectors or Green Giants from a Lightning, a Walbro in the tank, an exhaust and a way to tune it and you've got something that may keep up with an Altima which is a lot more than a stock NA 3.1 or hell probably even a 305/350 Camaro could really do.

Reactions: v6buicks

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I used to have a 3.4l v6 Camaro. I put a Walbro in, a 100hp wet shot, no cats, nice flowmaster merge Y-pipe, a take off SLP single out exhaust, a CAI, and a used posi rearend from my z28. Fucker just barely cracked 13’s with all that. The 3800 guys would do the same and be in the high 12’s. ?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I used to have a 3.4l v6 Camaro. I put a Walbro in, a 100hp wet shot, no cats, nice flowmaster merge Y-pipe, a take off SLP single out exhaust, a CAI, and a used posi rearend from my z28. Fucker just barely cracked 13’s with all that. The 3800 guys would do the same and be in the high 12’s. ?
I remember an MFBA member raced his, had a muffler. I think it ran 17s? :)

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Man, that's some old school racing right there.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Thread Info