📸 Photography Unlikely and underwhelming survivors

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Saw this awesome piece of American engineering a few days ago at Costco in St Charles.

IMG_4303.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Port.
I had no idea that those 70s EFI Cadillacs were Olds powered. I actually had no idea about them at all other than they were built. TBI?

Port but a piss poor intake design. Bet they could have picked up power, mpg and emissions with proper runners.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
:rofl: god damn that looks terrible
I thought it was port. Damn that's a terrible intake design. ? I don't know why I expected better from late 70s GM though.

It's funny though that GM oscillated from that to the insanely long runners of the Crossfire and TPI, then to a mini-ram esque LT-1 to the LSes where they truly got it right. It was like they couldn't decide/figure it out.

If they would have just stuck 1.75" CSA say 10"-12" long runners in that intake it would have probably done almost everything better.

ED:Now that I say this, the turbo 3.8L carbed and 301 intakes look somewhat similar. What are the odds they have no runners either!?

Reactions: sktchy and v6buicks

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Is that an 84-87 Electra Park Ave?

If so VERY VERY closely related to the GN engines. The 86-87 even used a 7148 box. It had 2 dot rods and a crank that would drop into a standard RWD block, although it was cut for a 1pc rear man. It had a timing cover that would bolt on to the standard RWD blocks as well (although not sure how compatible it was) as well as the heads/intake fitting a regular block as well and a myriad of other things. Pretty cool engine really, they never boosted one from the factory probably because of the gear box I'd imagine.

My brother had one, as he put it the seats were like rolling down the road on a stuffed sofa.

Thread Info