TUNING OPINIONS: recent scan of teh GTP

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I get 20ish also when I drive it nicely.

But I need to get my o2s up to something reasonable @ WOT.... 870 isnt cutting it, even after a 10% increase across the boards to the MAF table.

Do I keep adjusting the MAF, or once the LTFTs are around -1 or -2, should I start adjusting it via the PE values?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
From the sound of it the car is lean, therefore not adding proper timing, therefore running crapping timing, 11* is too low, valve burning low, that's not good eagle beagle. I'm booting up the hpt comp right now, i'll take a look in about 3min and 12second from the time this message is posted.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm assuming the bin is stock, no need to post, i know what it looks like lol. What i can do since you're an hpt user, is make some WOT changes 10sec style and give the car a little more fuel, on top of that get rid of all the tables that decide what timing your car runs. That's where the junk is. My laptop is failing right now, and the gf's laptop isn't equipped with hpt, well not yet at least... :ugh:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I'm assuming the bin is stock, no need to post, i know what it looks like lol. What i can do since you're an hpt user, is make some WOT changes 10sec style and give the car a little more fuel, on top of that get rid of all the tables that decide what timing your car runs. That's where the junk is. My laptop is failing right now, and the gf's laptop isn't equipped with hpt, well not yet at least... :ugh:

^^ Whoops to the 10* i'm running to avoid KR....

PE add vs rpm, I have hpt 2.22, please post a pic this table in your current tune

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
RPM vs RPM vs time?

That table is confusing a bit to me, as v8s don't have the same table.

I don't have the HPT in front of me, but is should be Engine>Fuel Control>PE

And is should Be base VS RPM

dunno about ideal, but I see anywhere from like 12-15lbs on mine with the 3.4 pulley.

12-15 on a 3.4 sounds like some boost stacking to me

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Looking at your tune/scan i see the typical gtp guy running a 3.4 pulley on a completely stock car... WTF eagle? more boost and low timing on a turbo car = win, less boost and more timing on an m90 car = win. Other way around (i.e. eagles junk) = fail. :squint:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info