🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
You sure you don't have the other end of the FP relay's coil connected to the wrong place? Just asking. Not sure how that the FoMoCo stuff wires up. Could be weird compared to General Monstrosity's stuff.

You have been slackin though, I will give you that. My shiat just got plates and insurance today. With that out of the way, I also have a current AAA card so when I break it horribly I will be good on getting it back to the jack stand club!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well. i finally found the interior trim parts i need, found an 83 in minesnowta...
correct color interior, missing tons of trim pieces but looks to have what i need, dudes trying to sell it...i offer to buy trim panels...two lousy fucking trim panels...

Sure. $3500. Comes with free car!!

Just bought a new car. Need sold. $3250!

fml

but i did figure out what the hell to do with my shifter/console...saw a few pics with the "crown royal" shifter boots....

anyone got a 1L CR bag laying around ya wanna sell cheap?

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Har har har

spent 300 at summit...again

fuck this heap

Just trying to motivate you a little !

See I worked on my project a few hours today and went backwards.
I changed my mind on the frame and will have to redo the connections to a totally different frame cage...

I decide not to go the super truck route. So a decent amount of cash goes in the drain. Going with a Sporstman car body/cage. I had a new cage/frame that I bought as a backup. And now going that route.

My plans changed because I'm going to have more power and shoot for quicker goals. I needed a more aerodynamic body, but it will harder to work on and harder to fit everything. But in the end should be worth it and better looking too.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
i was thinkin you were going a bit heavy there.

"fastest streetcar" in america is larson's s10

cant say that they arent aerodynamic :s00ls:

your fuckin killing me.

for the love of god i hope its not an olds.

i love the 442, i hate my toyota

S10 fiberglass bodies are very narrow and not that bad aerodynamically...
Plus that thing has so much HP to spare it's not even funny... but very close to a funny car .

This body was super tall roof height (the highest of all super truck bodies) and the bigger/widest nose. It was a brick. I'll post a pic of the spare frame you'll see...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the 88-97 cutlass was one of the lowest CoD cars GM had back then

i saw the circle track stuff.

personally id suggest going with the lumina body.

that way rich17's jimmy's will rustle as mine do.

finished the oil passages on the motor, turbo feed at oil block. pressure sensor will end up remote mounted at filter head...on the plus side i no longer have to extend that wire 3feet!

im still trying to find a better hiding spot for the filter, i dont like it visible up front...its bad enough the IC will be a tattletale.

PS pressure hose is ran, have to pull all the drivers side stuff out so i can remove my custon steering gearbox lines and re modify them. it will now be below the alternator and the LP side will return to the front where its line will run to the PS cooler up front.

this gives me tons of room for the lower radiator hose and keeps the plumbing away from all the hot pipes.

plus i have an easier go with the new lower rad hose fitting angle

wed the new pipes/vband and interlocking flex will be here and i can start to finish what i set out to do lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well as usual with this thing, things snowball and i end up reworking something for a better layout or due to space constraints and the usual from scratch BS.

i made new PS hardlines for the gearbox. i managed to give myself a little more room while running my new HP PS hose.
used the OEM gearbox bracket and the OEM PS cooler bracket to hold the lines tight.

ran the HP hose down next to the block behind the turbo drain bung and across the K member behind the alternator...down near where the trans cooler lines cross over.

i may use the teflon line and endura fittings to redo my HP fuel line and use std AN hose and fittings for the PS return lines from the hard line to the cooler and from there to the reservoir.

i dont want to waste the teflon line on the LP stuff.

i still have 6" of rubber hose on my fuel return line from my hack it together days...probably should fix that.

good news is the new 6" radius bends i end up with everything where i want it on the secondary's... nice gradual turns. Vband will be on the drivers side tube at the turbo merge for easy engine servicing without yanking any major components or disconnecting any lines.

still gonna be tight but i do have more room than the old 2.5" pipes and old radiator

i do wish my oil manifold had the clean oil feed at the bottom, would have given me more room for the secondary merge into the turbo. but at least i have tons of room for the WG and its dump.

meh, at least i did something.

Thread Info