🔧 BUILD toyota wagon 3800

General Information

imma hack this bitch together in one month, and it'll take down dd's TR, HK's TR, pandawgs and 10sec's stock junk

:jg:

This started as a joke....and it still is....laughable at least....

But here is an index of what is going on with the 3800 insanity

Removal of 5mge/4spd auto.

1688936986880.png

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I think my buddy junked my 8445 collection and it may have had a coupla 4.3L heads in it. Probably a shame really.

Looks like not bad oil changes. Wanting to relocate the Lemans oil filter because I hate changing the oil where it is. Not really for performance or cool, sheerly due to laziness.

At least your turbo's mounted. More than I can say!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
in my meanderings ive popped in all the trim panels.

i actually sat in it. crushed something underneath the car somewhere. but i did at least give away the generac genset that has been sitting in the back of it for uh a long time i guess.

ive been plugging away at the hotside.
all the parts are back in place to mockup...for equal length secondary's with the service room i want ill have to ditch the oem coolant tank and bracket.
also my sweet turbo support...oh well.
the pass pipe routing actually looks kinda fucking crazy strawish if i dont miss my guess

the drivers side will basically dictate the length of the passenger pipe so im going to start on the turbo merge before i go much farther as i know its the most restrained of the plumbing area's as far as fitment with the wastegate plumbing.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well shoot, the Toyota still needs too much shit.

the trans is junk, biggest that can fit into the car, rearend is a toothpick that requires a 400$ bracket kit and a ford 8.8 to make work...sorta.

crap brakes for a 2k lb ae86 much less a 3k lb wagon.

trying to make all this shit fit is like trying to stick yer pecker into an electric pencil sharpener....even if I do stuff it in there...., surely more pain is soon at hand...

the truck has the 460/5spd. but with future fuel costs and the want to drive and use it, the turbo buick would give me both tq and fuel sippin', tons of room to enjoy, never worry about driveline....hell with my yob I could make the zf 5 spd bolt up to the buick....or *gasp* a 4l80e.

I just keep finding pita shit on the wagn that im really wanting to watch it be crushed just for the satisfaction.

horrible cars, no wonder mook got rid of his

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
well shoot, the Toyota still needs too much shit.

the trans is junk, biggest that can fit into the car, rearend is a toothpick that requires a 400$ bracket kit and a ford 8.8 to make work...sorta.

crap brakes for a 2k lb ae86 much less a 3k lb wagon.

trying to make all this shit fit is like trying to stick yer pecker into an electric pencil sharpener....even if I do stuff it in there...., surely more pain is soon at hand...

the truck has the 460/5spd. but with future fuel costs and the want to drive and use it, the turbo buick would give me both tq and fuel sippin', tons of room to enjoy, never worry about driveline....hell with my yob I could make the zf 5 spd bolt up to the buick....or *gasp* a 4l80e.

I just keep finding pita shit on the wagn that im really wanting to watch it be crushed just for the satisfaction.

horrible cars, no wonder mook got rid of his
Sad to hear. You're not getting any younger either. Might as well enjoy the truck and get the 442 and HKs heap buttoned up.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
its too narrow of a track width.
even my narrow track cj5 rear dana 44 is too wide.

the truck has a lot of nib parts on the shelf, 79 f350 disc brakes/suspension parts to swap on, the 3.55 gear Dana 60 will giggle with the 3800's tickle, far better than the Toyota's 4.10.

and im not altogether sure the efi 460 is in that great of shape.....

Thread Info