Mar 2, 2004
Coming soon (7/2/21).

New trailer:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm going to reiterate. The concept is so ridiculously stupid. They bring people from the PAST into the future to fight aliens. Not only would that fuck up the timeline really bad, but its also only 30 years. Maybe gear up for war? Train people? Breed like jack rabbits so you have more people to fight? Literally do ANYTHING other than drag people from the past into the future. I'm sure there is some M. Night Shamalamadingdong twist at the end which will invalidate all these points.

I'm still going to see it, but I mean at least try to have something somewhat plausible.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm going to reiterate. The concept is so ridiculously stupid. They bring people from the PAST into the future to fight aliens. Not only would that fuck up the timeline really bad, but its also only 30 years. Maybe gear up for war? Train people? Breed like jack rabbits so you have more people to fight? Literally do ANYTHING other than drag people from the past into the future. I'm sure there is some M. Night Shamalamadingdong twist at the end which will invalidate all these points.

I'm still going to see it, but I mean at least try to have something somewhat plausible.
If aliens invaded and killed off most of our fighting-age population, and humans had a time machine, isn't that exactly what we'd do though?

This is also me avoiding the whole "back to the future" vs "avengers endgame" theories on time travel & its impact on reality. Wonderz how they'll factor that in to this movie.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
If aliens invaded and killed off most of our fighting-age population, and humans had a time machine, isn't that exactly what we'd do though?

This is also me avoiding the whole "back to the future" vs "avengers endgame" theories on time travel & its impact on reality. Wonderz how they'll factor that in to this movie.

Traveling into the past is the most broken overpowered thing you can do. You have knowledge of the future. You know when they are going to attack, you know where they are going to attack, you know how it's going to go down. Think Edge of Tomorrow. If they wiped out half of the population, and you can travel back in time, the best thing you could do is provide them with information. You have 30 years to prepare for a war you know is coming, against an enemy that you know the details about. If that fails, go back in time again and start fresh. Bringing people from the past into the future is next level stupid.

Reactions: Jon01

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Traveling into the past is the most broken overpowered thing you can do. You have knowledge of the future. You know when they are going to attack, you know where they are going to attack, you know how it's going to go down. Think Edge of Tomorrow. If they wiped out half of the population, and you can travel back in time, the best thing you could do is provide them with information. You have 30 years to prepare for a war you know is coming, against an enemy that you know the details about. If that fails, go back in time again and start fresh. Bringing people from the past into the future is next level stupid.
But if you follow the endgame theory of time travel, going back in time to warn people would not help you at all. There'd just be a branched reality where god knows what happens, and you'd go back to your future reality and die.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
But if you follow the endgame theory of time travel, going back in time to warn people would not help you at all. There'd just be a branched reality where god knows what happens, and you'd go back to your future reality and die.

As opposed to taking people from the past into the future, to fight a war, who are most likely going to die, which leads to a paradox, since people who already died wouldnt have been born etc etc etc.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
It's an okay movie.

The flow of time in this movie is not good. I'm not talking about time travel. I'm talking about something like, "We're gonna bomb in 6 minutes", or, "Jump in 20 seconds." Slowmo or not, it's off, and that stuff annoys the heck outta me. That stuff when they came back, discovering where the aliens were, and then the government not wanting take the time to investigate is BS. They invest resources, implement a worldwide draft to find soldiers, and they're unwilling to even take a look!? C'mon son. And then when Chris Pratt and his soldiers do go and find the ship, you're telling me they intentionally uncover it, and risk the fate of humanity and the world being overtaken 30 years earlier, instead of going back to the world and telling them they found it? There's like 8 of them. If they die, they've just unleashed the alien invasion on the world. The fact that they talk about it doesn't just make it forgivable. And why the fuck are they wasting time injecting them with the bio weapon instead of just blowing the damn ship in the first place? And in the future, when the aliens start attacking the last settlement, Chris Pratt says he wants to kill the queen. His daughter in the future says, "We only have one vial, we can't waste it." And 3 seconds later they're grabbing guns? Just shoot the fucking thing!

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Watched half of it last night and it was just OK. Not sure if I'll watch the other half.
The premise is dumb. People from the future go back in time to recruit people from the past to fight a war in the future. ?
Why not just go back in time and prepare everyone for the coming alien invasion?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info