Movie The Tomorrow War

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake
I thought it was ok. I was able to get past the whole implausibility thing and just enjoy the action. Some people can't or won't get past the implausibility. That's my issue with Star wars, the junk science throws me off so bad I never liked any of those movies.

Like said above, the lack of any new movies definitely helped me enjoy this. At least it was new.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The flow of time in this movie is not good. I'm not talking about time travel. I'm talking about something like, "We're gonna bomb in 6 minutes", or, "Jump in 20 seconds." Slowmo or not, it's off, and that stuff annoys the heck outta me. That stuff when they came back, discovering where the aliens were, and then the government not wanting take the time to investigate is BS. They invest resources, implement a worldwide draft to find soldiers, and they're unwilling to even take a look!? C'mon son. And then when Chris Pratt and his soldiers do go and find the ship, you're telling me they intentionally uncover it, and risk the fate of humanity and the world being overtaken 30 years earlier, instead of going back to the world and telling them they found it? There's like 8 of them. If they die, they've just unleashed the alien invasion on the world. The fact that they talk about it doesn't just make it forgivable. And why the fuck are they wasting time injecting them with the bio weapon instead of just blowing the damn ship in the first place? And in the future, when the aliens start attacking the last settlement, Chris Pratt says he wants to kill the queen. His daughter in the future says, "We only have one vial, we can't waste it." And 3 seconds later they're grabbing guns? Just shoot the fucking thing!
[/QUOTE]
Yeah basically everything that happened after he returned back was over the top and illogical. That was annoying AF

Still an entertaining movie nonetheless

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The main thing that I noticed that I found annoying was the amount of shooting they did without reloading. This movie went back to 90’s-esque shooting scenes when a revolver could shoot 15 rounds and berettas had unlimited ammo

you can empty a 30 round mag in like 2.5 seconds with an m16. I’ll forgive a little fudging here but they were shooting full auto for 20-30 seconds with the same mag lol

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
The main thing that I noticed that I found annoying was the amount of shooting they did without reloading. This movie went back to 90’s-esque shooting scenes when a revolver could shoot 15 rounds and berettas had unlimited ammo

you can empty a 30 round mag in like 2.5 seconds with an m16. I’ll forgive a little fudging here but they were shooting full auto for 20-30 seconds with the same mag lol
Yea. I definitely noticed this too and thought the same. I will give them a little credit though. There were a couple times they ran out of bullets and switched to their pistols.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
My 15 year old gave the movie a 10/10, and my 14 year old gave it a 7/10. The latter tends to point out plot holes.

Personally I thought the movie was hot garbage lol. Chris Pratt does not pull off the intense hero character at all. Many plot holes in the movie. Glad I saw it i was still entertained, but I'm glad it was free with my Amazon Prime lol.

Reactions: Aircal

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well I watched this tonight, purely so I could watch this afterwards :LOL:

Honestly tho, I didn't think it was that bad of a movie. Most of the plot holes that were brought up in this thread are mentioned in that vid, and anyone that has issues w/ them arent wrong, but still. It's a damn movie. The action was over the top, some actual decent humor, special effects were pretty good, i thought it made pretty good use of atmos, and chris pratt is pretty much a known quantity at this point so you pretty much know what you're gonna get outta him

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

I just watched it and also was laughing at that…. I was like “dayum, I want a gun that can do that!”

They had ACOGs though so that made me happy…..

Also, how are they going to cast Betty Gilpin as his wife and not put her in some tight clothes at least once? :pedobear:

One of the best parts with her role in The Hunt….
1625534226927.gif

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I just watched it and also was laughing at that…. I was like “dayum, I want a gun that can do that!”

They had ACOGs though so that made me happy…..

Also, how are they going to cast Betty Gilpin as his wife and not put her in some tight clothes at least once? :pedobear:

One of the best parts with her role in The Hunt….
View attachment 93819
She’s been nude/topless in a few shows

Reactions: FESTER665

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Just finished it. It wasn't as stupid as I thought it was going to be...until the last 20 mins. Then it got a little obnoxious.

You just knew when that kid was talking about volcanos in the very beginning that that was going to be a major plot point. Why do writers insist on doing this garbage?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Just finished it. It wasn't as stupid as I thought it was going to be...until the last 20 mins. Then it got a little obnoxious.

You just knew when that kid was talking about volcanos in the very beginning that that was going to be a major plot point. Why do writers insist on doing this garbage?

And instead of going to a professional geologist, they go to a high school kid that spends his free time studying rocks....dumb.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info