Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I may have jumped the gun. I guess the reviews are FAR from excellent and are quite divided. Seeing more reviews like this one -

The Punisher Review: A Bloody Disappointment

But can Frank Castle carry his own series? The answer, to be blunt, is no. The Punisher is a drag, and while it’s not the major disappointment Iron Fist was, it’s a misfire for Marvel. Bernthal does the best he can with shoddy material, but he’s unable to elevate The Punisher above its disappointing script.

here is no conceivable reason to drag The Punisher out to 13 episodes, especially when there’s so little going on here. The end result is a season loaded with filler – there are multiple episodes here that are little more than bottle episodes, where the characters sit in one room and kill time, waiting to get back to the action. It’s painful and it’s unnecessary.

Overall, this seems to confirm what Daredevil season 2 suggested: The Punisher works much better as a supporting character instead of a lead. If Daredevil wants to bring Bernthal’s character back into the fold, we’ll all be a lot better off. For now, though, we have The Punisher, which will likely leave the viewer with one specific question: “Why bother?”

I'll definitely be checking it out by as I've stated numerous times, after DD S1, Ive felt these Marvel shows have not been overly great.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got thru the first 4 episodes and 6 beers. Think I'm done with both for the night.

I am enjoying this show so far. For those just wanting Big Pun action all the time, you need to recalibrate your brains before starting this. There is action, but its not just all Punisher going cleaner on anyone who gets in his way. There's a lot more backstory, flashbacks, dialogue, but its all good. Bernthal plays it all fantastically. He's definitely the right man for this job. And on a technical note I will say the sound design is quite good so far. When the action does break out it really does give my surround a workout. I can literally hear bullets flying in every direction.

Will continue tomorrow.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
ok-gif-12.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info