Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Not sure why this is out of focus but ordered up some Rosatis deep. Not bad at all.

View attachment 117945

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Went to the Pequods out in Morton Grove last night. I was EXTREMELY disappointed. Thats not what I expect when I go there. Pizza wasnt all that hot when it came out, the cheese tasted off, and the crust was way too chewy. Almost like they had a new person make the pizza, and then undercooked it before waiting 20 minutes to bring it out to me. This is a huge bummer because I move at the end of this week and don't know if I'll be able to get back there and have a good experience. If my first Pequods experience was like that I may have no gone back and would be making fun of everyone that says its good.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Went to the Pequods out in Morton Grove last night. I was EXTREMELY disappointed. Thats not what I expect when I go there. Pizza wasnt all that hot when it came out, the cheese tasted off, and the crust was way too chewy. Almost like they had a new person make the pizza, and then undercooked it before waiting 20 minutes to bring it out to me. This is a huge bummer because I move at the end of this week and don't know if I'll be able to get back there and have a good experience. If my first Pequods experience was like that I may have no gone back and would be making fun of everyone that says its good.
Natalie Portman GIF

My brother/father/mother in law did not like Pequod's the 1 time they went there, though they are all biased against anything I like or anything near the city (they're from Marseilles, IL). This was over 15 years ago, they still bring it up anytime we say we've had it. More Pequod's for me I guess.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Natalie Portman GIF

My brother/father/mother in law did not like Pequod's the 1 time they went there, though they are all biased against anything I like or anything near the city (they're from Marseilles, IL). This was over 15 years ago, they still bring it up anytime we say we've had it. More Pequod's for me I guess.
It's my favorite in the area, and everyone is bound to have an off day. Just don't know if it was an isolated incident or if they're going downhill. I haven't been there in a little bit.

Reactions: blue-sun

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It's my favorite in the area, and everyone is bound to have an off day. Just don't know if it was an isolated incident or if they're going downhill. I haven't been there in a little bit.
My Wife and I went to the Morton Grove location as well a month or 2 ago and it wasnt great just meh. We were very disappointed as we went out of our way to go there. Would I go back, if we were in the area and were with friends that wanted to go then sure, otherwise NOPE. We were actually talking about pizza on Sunday with a bunch of friends that were over. Pequads came up and someone else said they went to MG and it was very disappointing as well.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
My Wife and I went to the Morton Grove location as well a month or 2 ago and it wasnt great just meh. We were very disappointed as we went out of our way to go there. Would I go back, if we were in the area and were with friends that wanted to go then sure, otherwise NOPE. We were actually talking about pizza on Sunday with a bunch of friends that were over. Pequads came up and someone else said they went to MG and it was very disappointing as well.
If you're out in MG, Burts Place is like 2 blocks over and it might be more your pace.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I haven't been to Morton Grove alot in the last 3 or so years. When we've had it, it was from the Lincoln Park location.
It's the exact opposite for me. The one on Clyborn has been hit and miss, mostly because of how insane the business was when I lived there (pre-covid). 3 hour wait for a table, then 1.5 hours for a pizza. They forgot about my pizza one time too.

MG has been solid the whole 2 years I've lived out of the city, this was my first mediocre experience.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If you're out in MG, Burts Place is like 2 blocks over and it might be more your pace.
I prefer thin crust over anything, so maybe not lol. I'll eat stuffed, pan or NY style, but if I have the choice its thin.
We went to Lou's on Friday and probably wont go back for 6-8 weeks and we have pizza every Friday religiously lol. We only eat non thin when we have a taste for something else which isnt often.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I prefer thin crust over anything, so maybe not lol. I'll eat stuffed, pan or NY style, but if I have the choice its thin.
We went to Lou's on Friday and probably wont go back for 6-8 weeks and we have pizza every Friday religiously lol. We only eat non thin when we have a taste for something else which isnt often.
I hear ya. Thin is so easy to find good pizza. It's on just about every other block in the city and it's all good enough.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It's the exact opposite for me. The one on Clyborn has been hit and miss, mostly because of how insane the business was when I lived there (pre-covid). 3 hour wait for a table, then 1.5 hours for a pizza. They forgot about my pizza one time too.

MG has been solid the whole 2 years I've lived out of the city, this was my first mediocre experience.
You have to remember too, a lot of places just cant find good help especially the restaurant industry. That could play a part as well.
The last probably 6 months or so, my Wife will manage, serve, host, and bartend all at the same time as they just cant hire people, its fucking crazy

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You have to remember too, a lot of places just cant find good help especially the restaurant industry. That could play a part as well.
The last probably 6 months or so, my Wife will manage, serve, host, and bartend all at the same time as they just cant hire people, its fucking crazy
I've noticed that. This was pre-covid that I had issues. I've been relatively happy around this area with service. I travel for work and other parts of the country are struggling worse from what I've seen.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've been going to the Rosati's in Carol Stream, the one on Hiawatha across from CSPD. I will say, in the 5 or 6 years I've been going there, the consistency of quality has been very good. I tried the other locations 2 or 3 times when I was at a friend's house and it never seems to be as good. I think someone said that most of them are owned by the same person, but the Hiawatha one isn't one of them.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I've been going to the Rosati's in Carol Stream, the one on Hiawatha across from CSPD. I will say, in the 5 or 6 years I've been going there, the consistency of quality has been very good. I tried the other locations 2 or 3 times when I was at a friend's house and it never seems to be as good. I think someone said that most of them are owned by the same person, but the Hiawatha one isn't one of them.
There are 2 distinct Rosatis franchises. The ones with MyRosatis as the website and the ones with RosatisPizza as the website. I prefer the MyRosatis locations.

Thread Info