Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So no follow up means you hated it or loved it?
My review quality wouldn't hold a candle to the experts on here.

Overall for the price (it was on sale) it was decent. Wasn't a big fan of the taste of the sauce, but that is purely subjective based on each person's taste. The crust was good and stayed a bit doughy with a slight crunch to the outside, which I like. I did have to soak up some of the geysers of grease that had risen to the top before I could slice and eat it.

If it's on sale I'd probably get it again. One thing I found interesting, and again, it's subjective on the person, is that even with the atmospherically high levels of sodium the pizza didn't suck every bit of moisture out of my body, leaving me flailing for water 6x during the night. :LOL:

Edit: The number of pepperoni shown on the front of the box is hugely misrepresented. Might have been about 12 slices over the whole pizza.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Shawn1112 Shawn1112

Ninos, Avon NC

20220326_195303.jpg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I've written about this place before, but I went back tonight and wanted to write a short follow-up.

Fiammé in Naperville. They have two styles, wood fired, and Detroit Style. Never had the woodfire. Never will. The Detroit style is phenomenal.

This is the best Detroit style pizza in the Chicago area, period. Nice and crispy crust, delicious blend of cheeses, and the right amount of sauce.

Score: 9.0/10

Honestly it's only losing points because it's $17 for a cheese pizza and only comes out as a 4 slice (picture shows half the pizza). Which is almost robbery. Almost.

20220402_192702.jpeg

Thread Info