đź’¬ OT The New Remote Control Car/Truck/Boat/Plane Megathread

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
For anything not pavement, the Proline Badlands are my favorite tire. I usually buy a knock-off version, its much harder compound, but in grass/dirt/snow it grips just has hard.

They make them in various rim type/sizes.

View attachment 110377

You have a link to buy? I need new ones, every tire on my car is torn, don't think they'll last much longer. ?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
You have a link to buy? I need new ones, every tire on my car is torn, don't think they'll last much longer. ?
Amain hobbies, Tower Hobbies, Amazon.

All depends on what kind of rim you need.

I haven't bought them in a long time, used to get them from an eBay seller "Suprasales".

But these look similar, however, these won't work for your Traxxas. the ones in the link below are meant for 1/8th scale buggies, with a 17MM hub.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Soooo I have been contemplating getting a 4WD Rustler, I have my 2WD and enjoy it but I feel like I missed the boat and cheaped out. What are opinions to spending the money and getting a 4WD? Is it really THAT much better? I like the idea of being able to actually hook up and get traction and tearing through grass and dirt or whatever a lot better.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Soooo I have been contemplating getting a 4WD Rustler, I have my 2WD and enjoy it but I feel like I missed the boat and cheaped out. What are opinions to spending the money and getting a 4WD? Is it really THAT much better? I like the idea of being able to actually hook up and get traction and tearing through grass and dirt or whatever a lot better.

When i started out with RC, stuff wasn't as fast, so 2wd was fun. With how fast gas and electric have become, AWD/4WD is almost needed. The last thing i bought was my sons Traxxas Stampede in 2wd, and probably the biggest mistake i made. The truck either flips over when trying to accelerate from slow speeds, or just spins the tires and wipes out really taking away the fun factor of driving. I had a lot of electric in both 2wd and awd, and the awd was the most enjoyable.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
When i started out with RC, stuff wasn't as fast, so 2wd was fun. With how fast gas and electric have become, AWD/4WD is almost needed. The last thing i bought was my sons Traxxas Stampede in 2wd, and probably the biggest mistake i made. The truck either flips over when trying to accelerate from slow speeds, or just spins the tires and wipes out really taking away the fun factor of driving. I had a lot of electric in both 2wd and awd, and the awd was the most enjoyable.
Thanks, Basically confirming what I was figuring. I am really tempted to get the 4WD, I just need to justify to myself that it's worth it since these things aren't cheap. and I just bought the 2WD Rustler a year ago and dumped a bunch of money into it, lol. I would probably end up giving my 2WD to my girlfriend or daughter or something.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Thanks, Basically confirming what I was figuring. I am really tempted to get the 4WD, I just need to justify to myself that it's worth it since these things aren't cheap. and I just bought the 2WD Rustler a year ago and dumped a bunch of money into it, lol. I would probably end up giving my 2WD to my girlfriend or daughter or something.

Yeah, they can spiral out of control real fast. I had to pretty much upgrade everything on my son's Stampede, every time he took it out, something else would break. Of course somebody makes a nice billet upgraded part too lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JFish75

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

What’s alot of money into a Rustler? lol I have to hear this

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
What’s alot of money into a Rustler? lol I have to hear this
Well I don't keep a spreadsheet of exact figures, but upgrading the shocks, tires, and numerous replacement parts from breaking, etc, I bet its gotta be at least $250 on top of the initial cost of the car, battery charger etc. so over $600 for basically for a toy for me to fuck around with? Maybe not a lot for money for you big baller types though. LOL

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
1quick 1quick go drive your boat around in the snow.

Turns out it does work but it’s not a good idea the plastic is thin and very brittle in 20* weather and it doesn’t steer for shit, my m41 met a tree at like 10mph and I lost the front end, fortunately the trandsom was already messed up from a previous crash and I planned to get a new body for it anyway

EBA9DE87-7712-453F-906C-A567845674FF.jpeg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Well I don't keep a spreadsheet of exact figures, but upgrading the shocks, tires, and numerous replacement parts from breaking, etc, I bet its gotta be at least $250 on top of the initial cost of the car, battery charger etc. so over $600 for basically for a toy for me to fuck around with? Maybe not a lot for money for you big baller types though. LOL

It’s not alot but u could have had a 4x4. Did u get Lipo 3s batteries? I bet the rustler moves out with a Lipo

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Turns out it does work but it’s not a good idea the plastic is thin and very brittle in 20* weather and it doesn’t steer for shit, my m41 met a tree at like 10mph and I lost the front end, fortunately the trandsom was already messed up from a previous crash and I planned to get a new body for it anyway

View attachment 111450
Well I’m glad to know it works and that I didn’t try it yet so I’ll save my hull.

Reactions: 1quick

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It moves out really good, they say 70ish with a gear change, probably 60 on stock gears

My stampede with a Lipo 3s and street tires I clocked her at 47 mph I think it had a few more mph in her but with it being 2wd it’s tough to get her not to pop the front tires up from a dig or even at 3/4 throttle

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
My stampede with a Lipo 3s and street tires I clocked her at 47 mph I think it had a few more mph in her but with it being 2wd it’s tough to get her not to pop the front tires up from a dig or even at 3/4 throttle
Me and my son drag raced them down the street several times both on 3s batterys the rustler pulls away from the stampede hard like “rc bus lengths”but we both have to ease into it, and I’m pretty sure it pulls away so hard because it’s lower and awd so I can hit full throttle faster and I can drive them better than him lol

Reactions: The Beast

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
It’s not alot but u could have had a 4x4. Did u get Lipo 3s batteries? I bet the rustler moves out with a Lipo
Yeah I got the Lipo 3s, it does move out. I actually ended up gearing it down some with the pinion. It was out of control and I don't have the space to be able to enjoy that speed, that and the thing kept overheating. I found a pretty good sweet spot with it now though. But yeah you are right, I could have had the 4WD with what I have into it. That's my dilemma, hind sight is always 20/20

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yeah I got the Lipo 3s, it does move out. I actually ended up gearing it down some with the pinion. It was out of control and I don't have the space to be able to enjoy that speed, that and the thing kept overheating. I found a pretty good sweet spot with it now though. But yeah you are right, I could have had the 4WD with what I have into it. That's my dilemma, hind sight is always 20/20

Don’t get it twisted a 4wd is also out of control and can easily run out of space to control it.

I’ve seen this brand run arrma they are nasty quick I’ll prob buy this. They sound mean and run on 6s battery

IMG_9447.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Aarma has come a long way. Much like Traxxas was, they used to be cheapo pot metal brittle plastic things.

The only problem with 1/8th and bigger cars is the cost of the batteries, and the lack of good charging systems for those massive batteries.

If you wanna charge two 4S batteries at a decent speed, at the same time, you need a 1000w+ power supply. Most chargers that include their own power supply are small wattage chargers.

Thread Info