The Mid Engine Corvette is happening

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
General Motors investing $290 million in Corvette plant

The investment is in addition to the last year's announcement of a $439 million investment in the construction and startup of a new 450,000-square-foot paint shop. GM says the latest facility improvements are scheduled to begin this summer.

Something big is happening in Bowling Green. That kind of investment and expansion definitely confirms some sort of big change. With vette sales around 30k/year on a good year they don't need to expand that much at the plant. I hope it's for another line for the mid engine car. Like I have always said, I don't see GM just turning their back on the core corvette buyer.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
GM doesnt' have a history of putting together good DOHC V8s. I don't see anything wrong with the LT4.

Meh, the early Northstars had issues but they got that pretty much sorted out. They make a handful of good DOHC V6's too. I would bet with a car this exotic that it will get an exclusive power plant. Probably small displacement and turbos since that seems to be the trend. Backed by a DCT trans. I personally would love to see a 600+ HP N/A 427 LT based mill.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
9cxvsRv.jpg

2YrLNbX.jpg

SyvjeF3.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
GM will never attach such an obscure name to a mass produced car. The average Vette owner wont know or care who he is.

:rofl: are you serious?! a name ANY name let alone this one is eleventy billion time better than some alphabet soup crap. this is a Merican car damn it letters and numbers are best left alone for the germans and japanese!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Nope needs to be halo.

youre insane if you think keeping the same name for both the front engine rwd and mid engine rwd car sticks.

if they get rid of the front engine vette version and move to only mid engine version then keep vette name sure.

but i still think the current layout front engine rwd will stay and move the mid engine upscale and to a halo car.

i just hope if is a halo it doesnt get a cadillac badge. that didnt work out when they tried it with the xlr.

as you mentioned above the SS zr1 z06 z28 ALL were freaking trim levels of a car with a name.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info