The Mid Engine Corvette is happening

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
saying vette owners wouldnt recognize the zora name im a bit torn on. thats kind of like saying the average ford owner doesnt know who henery ford was. then again wouldnt put my money behind the brains of the average buyer.

id like to expect people buying these cars would have a bit of a clue to the roots and past of the vehicle at least.

then again thats likely a lot to ask for nowadays.....:picard:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

No, its ZAD that most Corvette owners wouldn't recognize the reason they still have a Corvette.

Zora Arkus-Duntov.

29021108893_179e10dbdb_o.jpg

29354884890_8b57990069_o.jpg

29354886000_f3553096ab_o.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
A modern 32vDOHC v-8 will likely make 650+HP and be reliable AF. Why would you want them to stick with an outdated motor setup?

I would be okay with retaining the 2v cam in block design. As long as they moved to a contentric cam like the Viper has that allows independently variable intake/exhaust. True adjustable LSA right there as well as valve timing.

And the narrow cam-in-block design would allow a tighter more compact twin turbo setup. :)

I would be completely down for that.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
for the love of god.......

A. please dont be a cadillac. keep it chevrolet.

B. use the Zora nameplate.

C. 5 figure price tag but i doubt it.

A. It SHOULD be a Cadillac. Cadillac needs a halo car to drive traffic to the dealers and elevate the brand. This car should be a direct competitor to something like the Acura NSX.

B. The Zora name is boring.

C. 5 figure without a powertrain maybe. If you want to compete with the big boys it's gotta be priced with the big boys. No skimping in typical GM fashion on the details. This car will probably be $150K or even more given that a current Z06 fully loaded is over $100K.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
A. ALLLLLL Cadillac cars sell pretty poorly from the brand really. Cadillac has a halo the Escalade which is rumored to be pushed further up market along with the baby Escalade with the new XT5.
Id almost be willing to bet Cadillac Escalade outsells the cars pretty handily.

If GM tries to make the mid engine a halo car with the Cadillac badge it will end up like the XLR that didnt sell very well either.......

Cliffs from block A KEEP IT A CHEVY!

B. anything but some alphabet soup shit if its not Zora given it at least SOME kind of a name!

C. Agreed but doesnt need to have some monster MSRP like the Ford GT but after GMs joke of trying to get 75k for a damn Z28 i dont have much faith in them doing that. Also GM pricing the 6th gen Camaro about 10k over a comparable Mustang GT i dont have any faith in them having any reasonable price for this car. Hell if its under 150k id be shocked.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
GM has said that they have sometbing like 4 cometely new engines coming up and i cant imagine them going into a full size suv. I still hope that Cadillac sticks to luxury cars and leaves the sports cars for Chevy.

Before anyone say anything about all the V model Cadillacs those are again a trim lines and the CTS and ATS are both offered as 4 cylinders aswell.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
GM has said that they have sometbing like 4 cometely new engines coming up and i cant imagine them going into a full size suv. I still hope that Cadillac sticks to luxury cars and leaves the sports cars for Chevy.

Before anyone say anything about all the V model Cadillacs those are again a trim lines and the CTS and ATS are both offered as 4 cylinders aswell.

Good thing you don't run a car company. All of those luxury car manufacturers selling out of exotics and hypercars must be doing it wrong.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
If GMs mid engine car is supposed to be just absolutely has to be a Cadillac people why wasnt the GT ever a Lincoln then? :s00ls: :dunno:

Good thing I dont work for a car company Ford has been doing it wrong since the 60s.... :bowrofl:

Are you really asking that question? The Ford GT40 was a Ford because Ford II was pissed that Enzo Ferrari walked away from the sale, so they built a race car to beat Ferrari on the race track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info