The "Industrial Accident" Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Just watched the forklift video. I'd seen it before but it's been a while....it's crazy to me that people can be that stupid. Not just one person, but everyone in that video. The operator picks up a load that's too heavy, and they know it because they're using a moron as counterbalance, then the lady grabs on and thinks it'll make a difference...unreal

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Just watched the forklift video. I'd seen it before but it's been a while....it's crazy to me that people can be that stupid. Not just one person, but everyone in that video. The operator picks up a load that's too heavy, and they know it because they're using a moron as counterbalance, then the lady grabs on and thinks it'll make a difference...unreal

Probably wasnt the first time they've done some stupid shit like this

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
This bad boy weighs 20k and can pick up 15k at max fork height
20190222_142448.jpeg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Obviously some companies let any tool without any experience drive a forklift. Non union of course.

It’s been 15 years or so but I’ve seen guys operate overhead cranes with no experience too.

You mean like this? LOL. Funny part is they actually do get sent out with guys with no training/experience. Trial by fire! Not my circus, not my monkeys and they can’t blame me if I’m not there.
ba4e927adb28f4a032d1f5202617f623.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Lol dude.

There’s really big over head cranes that have a can. You sit in to operate. You have to climb all the way up there. Obviously, there’s a ladder.

That’d be fun for a little while, then I imagine it’d be super boring. I’m at the point with my boom that I’m not even looking at the line or target, I just know where it is and what’s going on. But you have to factor in I’ve been running what’s essentially a 10 ton mobile crane for almost 20 years. (Fuck I’m old!)

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
That’d be fun for a little while, then I imagine it’d be super boring. I’m at the point with my boom that I’m not even looking at the line or target, I just know where it is and what’s going on. But you have to factor in I’ve been running what’s essentially a 10 ton mobile crane for almost 20 years. (Fuck I’m old!)

Wow dude.

Are you in a union?

I messed up my grammar. I meant an overhead crane with a Cab. I said “can”.

But I know you know what I meant

I think there’s a lot of overhead cranes can be operated by radio control, strapped around your waist.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Wow dude.

Are you in a union?

I messed up my grammar. I meant an overhead crane with a Cab. I said “can”.

But I know you know what I meant

I think there’s a lot of overhead cranes can be operated by radio control, strapped around your waist.

IBEW local 21. It’s a bullshit in house local that only deals with my company and NONE of my skills transfer ANYWHERE because we don’t get officially certified on any equipment. If it were a real union I’d be a heavy equipment operator, crane ops, specialty equipment, laborer, etc etc. You’d be hard pressed to find equipment I haven’t run or can’t be fluid with in a matter of a few hours.

The control box for mine hangs over the back of my neck. One of the fat fucks in my garage broke the belly strap and with the tilt sensor in the controller the thing would shut off too much attached to my waist anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info